what to buy???

usafwifeandmommy
on 6/3/07 6:05 am - tucson, AZ

my pre op appt is not until the 14th. I know dr. v wants you to not eat anything for a week before surgury, im not sure what vitamins i am going to need to take I kind of feel a little lost! if anyone can help me know what to buy, i would be very very greatfull for any and all advice. Thank you all for all of your help it is greatly appretiated!!                   Hugs, Stephanie

nicoleaz
on 6/3/07 10:16 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hey Stephanie, Try not to stress!  Your doctor should have documentation which answers all your questions. You'll probably get a list of vitamins you need to buy, a diet to follow pre-op and post-op, etc. Call your doctor's office tomorrow morning - maybe they can fax it to you if you'd like to get a head start on buying everything. Maybe someone reading your message has the same doc and can give you more specific advice. Unfortunately each doctor has a slightly different spin on aftercare. Are you getting excited and nervous yet? :)
yogibear
on 6/4/07 4:18 am - Fountain Hills, AZ
what you may want to do is get at least some kind of chewable vitamin.  when you do your follow up labs for bloodwork - your results will determine what you will need for vitamins.  I know I have been taking iron, B12,and calcium in addition to a chewable vitamin.  I take a couple of others more by choice more than becassue i have to.  One of the more common vitamin people become low on is iron but would hold of on buying that until your blood work warrants it
KiminSV
on 6/4/07 12:50 pm - Sierra Vista, AZ
Hey Stephanie, My preop is the 14th also. Did you go to the class at Banner yet? Mine is Friday. Will the nutritionist let us know what we are supposed to eat...or not eat? Do we just do protein powder? Did you get a specific kind? Thank you for your help. I am feeling really nervous. Kim
usafwifeandmommy
on 6/4/07 2:02 pm - tucson, AZ

Hi Kim,

My class is friday as well, and my pre op is the 14th. my surgury is the 19th. are you with dr.v? well I have no clue what to do or eat still, so I am guessing that is what they will tell us at the class on friday! I have testing on thurdsay! uggg. I am comming from Tucson. Well if you need a surgury buddy sounds like I am your girl! PS...Im nervous too!

KiminSV
on 6/5/07 12:45 am - Sierra Vista, AZ
Hey Stephanie, I am coming from Sierra Vista. What testing do you have on Thur? I have my upper GI today and then I am done (THANK GOODNESS). Yes, I am with Dr. Villares. Guess we can walk the hospital floors together!  Well, I better get going. I need to be at the hospital in a half an hour. Wish me luck....I have never had one of these before. Have a great day!!!
Most Active