I hate food.......

alligatorpgr
on 5/31/07 1:37 pm - PHOENIX, AZ

Hi Joyce, it's funny because I worried I would be drinking my meals for the rest of my life, and not being able to stomach anything.  Not exactly how it turned out, very strange to eat just for fuel and not for fun.   I have been logging my food, water and vitamins on FITDAY.com, and I need to be making better food choices.  I started going back to they gym, and doing the treadmill for about 30 mins a day, and I feel great.  I know my body is surviving on all this stored fat I have LOL :-)   Thanks for the advice, and I feel bad complaining.  This has been a life-changing event in my life, and I need to take the bad with the good :-) Alli

ALLI 
246/140/127

JRinAZ
on 6/1/07 1:35 am - Layton, UT
Silly Girl!
Complaining is just "sharing" and that's what this support site's all about.  Soooooo......chatter away.  I"m  quite sure that others who are lurking are learning oodles from your posts!!!!

Weigh 2 go on getting to the gym!  I'm sitting here in my workout grubs ready to make the trek over there myself!  I've been away for a long time and my body is miserable!!!!

That nasty taste is simply ketosis and is a positive sign that your fat is being attacked!!!!  As you add complex carbs to your diet then the taste disappears.  .......Teeny tiny sugar free breath mints can help as does brushing your teeth, tongue and roof of mouth a couple of extra times!  .....Put a squeeze of lemon juice in your water and it will help kill the breath and also help with the digestive "moving along" of things!  :)

....loving your posts!  Don't you dare back off just cuz you have a few grumblies!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

italianbabe
on 6/28/07 7:16 pm - Surprise, AZ
Hi, Iam 3 years post op. and still cannot eat meats, i dont want to  eat meats, i have grown to hate them. but i do love cheese, eggs,and shrimp. salads, and fruits. i have become lactose intolerant, and drink non dairy milk. my appitite has changed so much since my surgery in 2004. I have lost 170lbs, and just plain do not like to eat...seems like everything i eat is a challenge. everything taste different now...but i would do it all over again. i love the way i look, and feel thanks to Dr. D Fang...My husband just had the surgery, and is going threw some rough times right now. He is nauseated,alot and is having difficulty.good luck with all the new experiences you are about to have. nothing taste like it use to beleive me...take care  jackie
Nicole W.
on 6/29/07 2:49 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Hi Alli, What you are going thru is completely normal!  I had many weeks of the same feelings.  Once I got around 3 months things seemed to get better for me.   I would make something, be super excited to eat and then start eating and I would just cry because it tasted horrible!  So I just sucked it up and drank the protein drinks, ate my eggs and yogurt and tunafish.  Which ones are you using?  I used the ones from Sprouts, they were the only I could deal with. Seafood was huge for me, still love it... lots of protein.  Crab legs and Salmon are still my favorite! You are doing great!  Call me whenever. ~Nicole

TinkerBell

Most Active