Hungry

karen G.
on 5/30/07 12:25 am - Phoenix, AZ
gee... i'm 6 1/2 weeks out and hunger is returning.  what is this??  i haven't been hungry at all and have had to remind myself to eat... and now - these past few days, it seems like i've been hungry an awful lot and able to eat a lot more than before.  is this normal?  what to do?? [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS05sOK/] [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wS05sOK/weight.png[/img] [/url]
JEAN-NA
on 5/30/07 1:26 am

Very normal  - your healing !  now is the time to  focus on your doctors program - schedule your meals, chew , chew , chew  - make good food choices, get in more  water , no snacking and go exercise instead of thinking about food all the time !!     and ..........................                                                   Qui****ching the food channel !! 

JRinAZ
on 5/30/07 10:59 am - Layton, UT
I am the unusual case that was hungry in recovery and never had that continual full feeling that  most get!  Yup!  It was a bummer!  BUT....through all my time of working with various Bariatric programs.....I learned that some of us have less swelling around our incisional area than others and so we feel "empty".........which is not to be confused with HUNGRY!  ........Our pouches are kind of like mini gas tanks.  When we are full then we want to lie on the bed and die..........but, when we are empty our brain starts doing some self talk and say "Self.....there's room in here for SOMETHING so let's go hunt"  ........and, then off to the refrigerator we go to glaze over and feel the cool breeze wash over us while we study the same stuff that we looked at 5 minutes earlier!!! ......thus, the reason you hear over and over again......It wasn't brain surgery!!!!! Head hunger is a bear!  ........Find a zillion positive things to say to yourself and a zillion positive things to do when you register empty (not hungry). ......Stomach growing is not even a true sign of hunger since our bipassed tummies are always making noises! Hang in there!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Most Active