Moving to Gilbert in June, and looking for a support group.

abruchis
on 5/29/07 1:17 pm - gainesville, GA
Howdy all, I live in Georgia, am 6 months post op, and will be moving to Gilbert Az next month. two things I really need.. one is a local support group, and the other is a fitness club where i can have a trainer help to set me up with a weight program that will help me build muscle and strength, and tone up. I dont need long term babysitting, but i figure that one or two months of regular trainer interatction, and then once a month to check in and tweak my program as it's needed. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated! thanks so much!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." ~ Anatole France
mrwolnik
on 5/29/07 2:17 pm - Gilbert, AZ
Hello and welcome to Gilbert.  I've lived here since moving from the Chicagoland in 1988.  You will love it.  Too bad you are coming right at our worst time of year!  Just survive until Oct, and the rest of the year is wonderful.  I'm almost 2  years post surgery (11-05).   I don't know about a support group.  I have never attended groups (pre or post surgery).  I can help you with a recommendation for a fitness club.  I have been to most clubs around here- and there are many to chose from, but for me, I like Lifetime Fitness.  They are a huge chain and  you can check them out online if you are not familiar with them.  They are the nicest club around with a huge variety of machines, classes, trainers, etc..  Good luck
Desertflower
on 5/29/07 3:25 pm - Mesa, AZ
Welcome to Arizona and the OH forum!  I have lived in the Phoenix area for over 25 years and I love it.  I live in Mesa...right next door...and I think Gilbert is a beautiful city. There is a great support group in Chandler that meets once a month.  Check out the posts from Joyce who coordinates it. Good luck to you. Robin
JRinAZ
on 5/30/07 12:07 am - Layton, UT
Hi there Georgia!!!!  You are leaving the most gorgeous trees behind you!  I LOVE Georgia! Welcome to our support hang out and welcome to AZ!  Gilbert is just around the corner from one of the best support groups in the entire state.   We have oodles of folks join us from you neighborhood. join the free yahoogroups chat site at   [email protected] 2nd Weds and 4th Tuesday from 6 to 7:30 pm (followed by dinner at one of the great spots nearby) Chandler Regional Hospital is on Frye and Dobson.  Enter from the East Main entrance by the E.R. and take the elevator to the lower level.  Turn left towards the pharmacy and then a quick right to conference rooms 1 and 2. The groups are open to everyone, is FREE, is Peer faciliated with occasional speakers, and is FUN, FUN, FUN!!!!! Jean-Na from this support site is  leading our next support meeting! See ya soon!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

JEAN-NA
on 5/30/07 1:06 am

Welcome to Arizona   Aaron   Your family will either love it or hate it here!  lots to see & do !     I think you will enjoy the  Chandler support group - We have  lots of friendly faces !  I read a  bit of your bio and think you will  find our  group  what your looking for .   We have a few men in our group  to help support  you on  your  journey !  We have the grandama's and the big & little sisters in the group !    If you and your wife have kids and need a sitter  let me know & I  will hook you up with a  very nice sitter. I hope you can make our  group meetings .  we try to keep them positive and real. anything we can do for you - just let us know !    

Most Active