Fellow Lurkee

poohspal
on 5/27/07 3:59 pm - AZ
Hello. I too am a lurker. . .  After reading Stephanie's posts, I thought I might as well come out of the closet.  So here I am.  I have learned so much already from this website and forum, and the wonderful people on it.  I am just starting my journey. I have put off the surgery way too long because I am so worried about what I would look like after, with all the skin and all.  I don't want plastics done. But enough is enough!  I have found out that our insurance wont cover WLS w/ Lap Band,  and that's what I want, so I will be a self pay.    I need to lose over 100 pounds. EEekk!! I am married with three beautiful angels.   Nice to meet you Stephanie, and thanks for helping me out! and everyone else too ! Sue
johnb_az
on 5/28/07 1:01 am - Phoenix, AZ
Welcome to the board.  There are some really nice and helpful people here.  I hope you can find a way to have your insurance company cover the cost.  Good luck on your WLS journey.
David S.
on 5/28/07 6:55 am
Doc,  I like the new picture, I hadn't seen it yet. --Dave
Dave from AZ     
poohspal
on 5/29/07 9:22 am - AZ
Thank you very much.  It seems very nice and has already been very informative!
M. clarke
on 5/29/07 2:46 pm
Wow your new picture looks great John!
David S.
on 5/28/07 6:56 am
No need to hide here.  Better to ask questions than to just wish you had asked something! Best of luck on your journey to a healthier you. --Dave
Dave from AZ     
mustangsally
on 5/28/07 1:09 pm - Tucson, AZ

I have only been a lurker for a couple of days now, and finally decided to set up a profile and get myself out there.  Now that I am post op (three weeks on Wednesday), I am happy to get out there.  I have been trying for 2 years to get my insurance to cover this, but everytime I submit my paperwork, they changed thier criteria.  Things happen for a reason, and out of bad things come good.  I had my surgery on 5/9/07.  I have not had any pain (they took my morphine away the day after surgery because I wasn't using it), I have not gotten sick, I have not overfilled my pouch, I returned to work half days 12 days post op, and I am able to tolerate everything so far and that makes me a bit nervous!! Anyway I just wanted to say Hello to everyone.   Thanks for "listening".

Most Active