My introduction

usafwifeandmommy
on 5/26/07 3:01 pm - tucson, AZ

Hello all,  I have been a bit of a lurker for a while, not being sure what to say was getting the best of me. But I am finally getting the courage to indroduce myself. So here goes. My name is Stephanie, we are new to the Tucson area as of January this year. My husband is active duty Airforce and he loves his job.  I have two children, Carson age 7 and kendall age 2 (three in sept).   I recently met someone (here on OH) and she helped me to start the process and that is when I decided that WLS was the best decision for me.  I went to my doctor and got the ball rolling last month and already have a surgury date I have surgury scheduled for June 18th. I am so excited to start my new life. I am looking to meet people here and form new relationships. Anyhow I hope this letter finds everyone well.  ~Stephanie

Desertflower
on 5/26/07 3:41 pm - Mesa, AZ
Hi Stephanie, So glad that you are here!  This is such a great place, with so many inspiring people. I have my RNY scheduled for July 19th with Dr. Blackstone here in Scottsdale.  It took me much longer for approval than you.  What type of surgery are you having?  How much weight do you want to release after your surgery? I want to lose about 100 pounds.  I am not very tall. 5'4", so 125 lbs would be good for me. You said that you have 2 children.  They must keep you very busy too. Good luck and keep in touch. Robin
usafwifeandmommy
on 5/26/07 4:41 pm - tucson, AZ

Hi there Robin, I am having the laprascopic gastric bypass. My Dr, Is DR.Villeres. I am currently 240 and would like to be 115 so I need to loose about 125 pounds as well. I am so very excited. I do have two children that keep me very busy. I am just so excited to get to be more active and enjoy my children outside at the pool and stuff. Anyhow I look forward to getting to know all of you!  ~Stephanie

Desertflower
on 5/27/07 4:47 am - Mesa, AZ
Hey Stephanie, Hope you are having a super holiday weekend!  We are planning to play in the pool and enjoy the beautiful day. Your life is about to change so much...in just a few weeks your body will start trimming and slimming and your energy will be off the charts. Take care and be well. Robin
M. clarke
on 5/26/07 7:46 pm
Welcome Stephanie! And congrats on your surgery date :)
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 5/27/07 12:14 am - Tucson, AZ

Welcome Stephanie

I had Lap RNY in Sep 06 and have lost 89 pounds since surgery and 106 in less than a year.  I work at AMARC at DM.  Have you joined TUSWLS?  This is the WLS group in Tucson.  They hold group meetings on the Northwest and Eastside of town.  There is also a Yahoo group.  If I can help you in any way please email me.

Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

JRinAZ
on 5/27/07 2:17 am - Layton, UT
Hi there Stephanie!

Welcome to this awesome support site and congrats to you on your upcoming "rebirth"!!!!  .....I LOVE AF!  My hubby just retired a couple of years ago.  In fact, I did my quarterly grocery run on Friday out to Luke AFB!!!!  What's up with them taking Crystal Light Peach Tea off  of their stocking list!!! GRRRRRRrrrr!!!!  .....Ooooops!  I got sidetracked!  :)

I was just visiting Dr. villares Support Group last Monday.  You will LOVE those folks!  ......Fire away at any questions you may have!  We are all your "Angels in the Outfield"!!!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Desertflower
on 5/27/07 4:57 am - Mesa, AZ
Joyce, You always make me smile when I read your posts.  Not only are you funny, but you are also very informative and help so many of us. I will try very hard to get to the next support group meeting in June.  I would love to meet you in person. Robin
JRinAZ
on 5/27/07 12:24 pm - Layton, UT
Ahhhhh thanks!!!! I'm nothing special but I LOVE staying in touch with my support friends!  .... I'll see YOU in June!!!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

David S.
on 5/27/07 3:58 am
Hi again Stephanie! Welcome to the boards, and congrats on your surgery date. Stay in touch as we'd love to help you along your path toward surgery.  If you have questions, etc there are tons of local folks here. --Dave
Dave from AZ     
Most Active