Onederland

teachingdeb
on 5/26/07 2:48 pm - mesa, AZ
Hey Jeanne, This is Debbie from Mesa! I too, am on my UNJURY food fest...are you finding that by the 3rd protein drink of the day you are soooooooo full? goodness, this is so surprising to me. I'm scheduled with Dr. DeBarros for June 4th. We will have to keep each other posted. Tonight I had, unflavored with a cherry pomogranate crystal light...that was good. I will be getting the new lap band that is coming out.....can't wait to be on the other side. debbie
Jeanne W.
on 5/26/07 3:16 pm - Glendale, AZ
Hi Debbie, I have found I'm not really hungry at all..and feel like I am forcing myself to eat..weird, huh? I used orange sugar free jellow with the vanilla UNJURY and it kinda tasted like a creamsicle ; ) I also made some sugar free/fat free cheesecake pudding w/ the unflavored UNJURY.  Tje crystal light green tea/raspberry is good w/ unflavored, too.  Coffee in the am w/choc UNJURY is good, too. I am becoming quite the chemist  LOL.  the v-8 splash and most of the drinks are just to sweet to me, but I am not a soda drinker, so maybe thats why.  My husband had pork chops tonight, and as I drank my chicken broth, I keft saying "tases like a pork chop" over and over LOL What new lap band are you talking about?   Yes it will b nice to get a fresh start on this ol body ..keep in touch Jeanne
teachingdeb
on 5/27/07 3:58 pm - mesa, AZ
Yo Jeanne! Today was a TEST, as my fiance and I drove to Sedona, and he wanted to eat at Oaxaca....I survived, but it was a real trial. I had my unjury and crystal light and we headed out. Don't think I want to do that tooo much....it was soooooooo tempting. So, yes, I do understand the "tastes like a pork chop" theory!!! Explain to me how you did this cheesecake pudding with unflavored unjury? Sounds good! I love cheesecake pudding!!!! You are quite the chemist, makes me want to go to the kitchen and make a concoction! Good thing you are not a soda drinker...I had one heck of a time getting off of them. Are you exercising during this time? I have a trainer and on my workout on Saturday, he was quite concerned that I am not getting enough calories to do a workout. I did poop out. I guess I didn't really think about this, maybe I should just be walking...? New lap band...the ONE thing I do remember when my surgeon, Dr. Debarros was talking to me my upcoming surgery, is that patients will loose as much as the RNY patients....that was impressive. He also shared their will be fewer problems with it, something in regards to the ring..... Thanks for the reply and keep in touch! debbie
Jeanne W.
on 5/27/07 4:17 pm - Glendale, AZ
Its amazing how much we have centered our lives around food!  We went to church this morning, and we take a class, and they serve a continental breakfast...lots of sweets basically...I just drank water...but then after  service, we usually go out to breakfast.....tough.  The restaurant deal would be a bit much for me I think, so I empathize with you an that one. Just sugar free cheesecake pudding with either unflavored, vanilla, chocolate or even strawberry sorbet UNJURY  tastes great...well ...good ; ) did you get the recipes with the UNJURY presurgery diet?  if not let me know and I will send them, or you can check it out online I think.  Are you eating any raw veggies?  I just figured out today they were included in the diet..woo hoo   I have severe diabetic neuropathy in my feet, so alot of exercizes don't work for me, but I do have a recumbant bake and a swimming pool..so there are my workouts.  Yeah...not much energy to spare so far.   I noticed your email name implies you are a teacher?  I have worked with kids most of my life in one way or another.   I don't know if the lapband I am getting is the "new" one or not, but I will be asking : ) I have my cardio testing and lab work on Tuesday...hope all goes well. Hang in there and talk to you soon... Jeanne
teachingdeb
on 5/28/07 11:50 am - mesa, AZ
Hi Jeanne, Sounds like you survived several hurdles at church and came out smiling...WHOOOOWHO! I stopped being a greeter because I couldn't handle the "food" that was there before the service to treat us for serving the Lord.....is this an oximoron or what? I have to ask you one more question about this cheesecake pudding....so you drink it????? or do you mix milk and make it a pudding? Don't want to make this a dead horse, just trying to picture unjury and cheesecake...I am almost out of my can, so will have to run by the office tomorrow, as I have a funeral to attend on west side of phx. I received zip recipes. And raw veggies? OH WOW....no, I am not allowed them....and today, Jeanne, I am feeling tired and low energy. After I read your post, I decided to hit the pool. My community has a small one, and it was wonderful. Great suggestion. What is a recumbant bake? I will certainly lift you up in prayer over your neuropathy. My best friend suffers with this, and I understand it is so difficult to deal with. Will this go away with the surgery? It should!!!!! Yes, I am an elementary special ed teacher and literally counting the days (4) til we are out!!!!!!! It's been a really difficult year, and am ready for a break. Will be thinking good thoughts over your cardio testing and lab work tomorrow....you will be so relieved to get that over with!!!!!!!!!! Good hearing from you and will talk with you soon.. debbie
Jeanne W.
on 5/28/07 3:58 pm, edited 5/28/07 4:00 pm - Glendale, AZ
Wow...do you mind me asking what church you go to?  We go to Phoenix First Assembly. Cheesecake pudding is just that..pudding.  with the unjury added.  not bad. I Can't Believe It's Hi-Protein Pudding

Use Jell-O Sugar Free Instant Pudding (Not Cooked) 1 oz/4 servings

Measure 2 cups of cold fat free milk following package directions

Add two scoops of Unflavored UNJURY to the two cups of cold milk

If this works well and you want more protein per serving try 3-4 scoops

Mix thoroughly the dry UNJURY in the milk by shaking or stirring

Then follow pudding package directions by putting the

Jell-O Sugar Free Instant (Not Cooked) Dry Pudding Mix Into a bowl.

Pour in the previously-mixed UNJURY-plus-milk.

Mix and Chill and Enjoy!

Protein: Each 1/2 cup serving has 14 grams a recumbant bike is the kind you sit back and the pedals are in front of you instead of straight down... less pressure on the feet, and more cusioh for the behind. ; ) Thank you for the prayers on the neuropathy..I can only pray that it will improve w/ weight loss...but my main goal is just healthier.. period. Boy you are going straight from the classroom to the surgury!  You will definitely be in my prayers, too. were you high BMI?  Mines was 63 I believe...I was the only one in the pre-op class that had to do the UNJURY..the were all less than 40 BMI  sheesh!   LOL   I weighed in a week ago @ 363 lbs.  and today I am at 353 lbs.  woohoo!   what exactly are you eating with the UNJURY?  I can have SF jello, SF pudding, crystal light, v-8 or v-8 splash, skim milk... all w/ UNJURY   I would have to have your reglar email address to give you the recipes...but Dr Sinpsons nurses gave me 3 pages worth,  all under the title "UNJURY Pre surgery diet" even the raw lofat veggies. let me know if you want the recipes.. Good luck your last few days at school. [email protected] Jeanne

Most Active