Onederland

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 5/24/07 11:33 pm - Tucson, AZ
I feel confident enough in my scales now to announce that I have finally hit onederland.  Since surgery I have lost 89 pounds and 106 since my highest weight. 
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

Linda S.
on 5/25/07 2:28 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Becky, I am so happy for you. You look great, time for your century card!! If you do not have anyone to make it, PM LizzyL, she is a sweet sweet person, and will be happy to help you. Of course you may be more savvy than I, in that case...never mind....LOL! Have a safe, happy holiday!

WHAT WE FEAR,WE CREATE.                                                                                                

(deactivated member)
on 5/25/07 4:45 am - AZ
YYEEEAAAHHHH Becky!! Don't ya love it you look great.... Erin
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 5/25/07 6:24 am - Tucson, AZ
Do you get the century card for 100 pounds lost after surgery or total, before and after????
Example 1   

~~Beckyg~~LBL and Brachioplasty 16 Jul 08

David S.
on 5/25/07 11:12 am
Becky, I have frequently asked myself this type of question since I've been floating around on the OH boards.  There seems to be so many points in time to start calculating your weight lost!!!  Especially with some of the insurance plans requiring a supervised exercise/diet plan for 6 months prior to being submitted for approval.   For me, I choose to measure from my doctor's office a couple weeks before my surgery of 337.  According to that, as of this morning I've now lost 75 pounds.  If I went from my highest point ever, I would be going from a weight of 350, which would be 88 pounds lost. What I think is the most exciting is how much healthier I feel, regardless of how much weight I've lost!
Dave from AZ     
David S.
on 5/25/07 9:56 am
AWESOME Becky! It is wonderful to hear that you've passed another milestone.  I also like your new avatar picture.  No doubt life has changed forever for you as a result of your successes! Continue to inspire us all!!!
Dave from AZ     
Desertflower
on 5/26/07 2:02 am - Mesa, AZ
Congratulations!!!!   100 pounds...WOW!!! Robin
Jeanne W.
on 5/26/07 5:44 am, edited 5/26/07 5:46 am - Glendale, AZ
 am not  sure how to post w/o just replying to a post, so please forgive me for butting in. I am 1 1/2 weeks pre op w/ Dr Simpson...surgery on June 6...lapband.   I am on the 2 week UNJURY diet.  I was hoping someone on here could  share some experiences w/me.  My husband is very supportive, but I sure would like to hear from others that have had or are having to have this surgery. So, is there anyone out there? Jeanne,  Glendale AZ
JRinAZ
on 5/26/07 11:43 am - Layton, UT
Welcome to the board Jeanne!  Congrats on your upcoming surgery and your selction of an awesome Doc!  I didn't have LapBand but I have seen dozens of friends do very well with Dr. Simpson and the band!  ....Hang in there for that 2 weeks of liquid protein.  That's as rough as it gets and then it's all downhill from there!  :)

Hang with us!  You'll get oodles of support and info and lots of new friends!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Jeanne W.
on 5/26/07 11:56 am - Glendale, AZ
Thanks for responding so quick : )  !  I had originally started this journey 3 years ago w/ Dr Juarez, but insurance prohibited me at that time.  3 appeals and 3 denials and 3 years later...here I am...finally able to finance it.  I had also tried with Dr Blackstone at one time too.  Anyway, thankfully, here I am 1 1/2 weeks away from a new start!  I had met Dr Simpson at a support  meeting a long time ago, and liked his humor and down to earth-ness(is that a word?).  Guess this was all supposed to be this way...I had always wanted the lapband but insurance only would have let me get the GB..so now i get what I want...amazing what a "little" $$$ can do LOL! the liquid protein isn't so bad...surprisingly I'm not that hungry! thanks for the support! Jeanne
Most Active