SUPPORT GROUP

Celeste B.
on 5/20/07 2:51 am - SAN TAN VALLEY, AZ
When is the next support group for the Avondale, Tolleson area?
LeAnne G.
on 5/20/07 3:25 am - Goodyear, AZ
We meet the 2nd and 4th Saturdays each month at Banner Estrella. Our next meeting will be Saturday, May 26th. Hope to see you there LeAnne
Celeste B.
on 5/21/07 1:02 am - SAN TAN VALLEY, AZ
Thanks LeAnne, I will be there THIS TIME w/bells on.
johnb_az
on 5/20/07 10:52 am - Phoenix, AZ
Ramona and I should make that one. We had a motorcycle trip with our club planned last time so we missed group. I hope everyone is doing well. Doc
M. clarke
on 5/20/07 11:08 am
Doc, how did your motorcycle trip go? I know you were worried about getting tired to quickly as it was a 6hr? trip wasn't it?
johnb_az
on 5/21/07 1:18 am - Phoenix, AZ
Melissa, thanks for asking. It was a bit long but I ended up doing ok. I did crash out after we got home. I think everyone had a hard time at the end due to the heat in the afternoon. We had to make a stop and really hydrate on the last leg of the ride. Otherwise, I had a blast. I forgot how much fun riding was since I have not been able to take any real trips for a long time. Our club has another trip planned for the middle of June, but we will be missing that to visit my parents in Texas. I think Ramona and I will do an overnighter/3 day ride up north late June or early July to get away from the heat of the valley. Take care, Doc
M. clarke
on 5/21/07 10:56 am
Doc, I'm glad you were able to handle it okay. 6 hours in a car is long enough! I can't image how hard that would be on a bike. 3 days? Wow. It will be nice to get out of the heat I bet! Although I imagine it has to be hot on the bike with the black leather and the sun beating down on you. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the ride with everyone, and glad they were also tired! You will have to let us know how your vacation goes in June. I am thinking of going to Michigan this fall. It will be the first time I've flown since the surgery. My mom is finally considering selling our childhood home so going to go home and clean out my portion of junk in the house. It will be nice to get out of the valley, and interesting to see how flying goes now that I'm not 350 pounds anymore. I've heard people say things like they didn't have to have seat belt extenders. I personally never knew about those. I always just either shucked in my breath or pretended it was snapped shut and covered it with my jacket. Also I would try to get to the airport early and get the bump to 1st class for the extra $50.00. Do they still do that? I hate flying, but at least it should be nicer not being so fat.
Most Active