Chandler Support 05/22- Guest Speaker

Darlene X
on 5/18/07 12:38 am - Maricopa, AZ
Join us on Tuesday, May 22nd, for an interactive discussion with Marsha Stieber, a registered dietitian, who be our guest speaker.  The meeting will start at 6 p.m. at Chandler Regional Hospital, Dobson and Frye Roads. Dealing with the psychology of eating is great struggle for us and there are no easy solutions.  Marsha's presentation discusses the concept of eating and why its strong psychological component must be acknowledged and addressed for life-long good health. Marsha brings more than 20 years of experience, most of it in the acute care arena in both staff and management positions.  At present, she directs and coordinates the dietetic internship program and students services at the Arizona Department of Health Services. Invite your friends for an informative evening of learning and exchanging ideas about our commitment to change the psychology of what brought us to the table, be it the dinner table or the surgical table. Looking forward to seeing you on Tuesday, May 22nd, at 6 p.m. at Chandler Regional Hospital. Gil 10/6/05 RNY - 127 Dr. Juarez
Sharon Martinez
on 5/20/07 3:23 pm - Mesa, AZ
Hi Gil..this is Sharon. I was curious, I am now three months out and I have yet to make it to any of the support groups. I would very much like to join in on this one since I still have such a huge fear of food! But, I dont have a vehicle...do you by chance live in the east valley or specifically mesa? I am unable to attend solely because I dont have transportation and my mom works from 3-11pm. Would you be able to possibly pick me up if you live close by or do you know of anyone who might be willing to help me out? I live right near Lindsey and Main. If you can or know of someone who could do this, please let me know, I would be most appreciative! Thank you so very much! Sharon
JRinAZ
on 5/21/07 1:47 am - Layton, UT
Sharon, I'l lbe rushing over straight from work so won't be swinging your direction....but, hop over to the Chandler support site and post for a ride with your contact info. I'll bet someone will see it and get in touch.... You can join the Chandler chat site by: 1. go to www.yahoogroups.com and follow the directions to join (it FREE) 2. On the homepage, find the SEARCH window. 3. Type in Chandler WLS Support Group 4. Follow the other couple of directions. 5. Select the option to receive e-mails in your inbox and then you'll get all the posts as they come in. Hope to see you tomorrow night at support group! There is going to be an incredible speaker! Joyce
Most Active