APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Celeste B.
on 5/17/07 2:55 am - SAN TAN VALLEY, AZ
But, I just went o my Insurance website (Tricare Prime) to check the status of my surgery (Lap RNY And, It said the following Status Service(s) Service Description Servicing Provider Dates Units Requested 43644 lap gastric bypass/roux-en-y VILLARES, ALEXANDER (602) 257 - 0300 5/15/2007 - 8/13/2007 1 VISIT Approved 43644 lap gastric bypass/roux-en-y VILLARES, ALEXANDER (602) 257 - 0300 5/15/2007 - 8/13/2007 1 VISIT that does equal approval right or am I LOCO? My doctor's office has not called me as of yet.  It was just approved online about 30 minutes ago.  i almost want to cry.  I want this ssssssssssoooooooooooo bad, and I am ssssssssssooooooooo deliriously happy.
carolina james
on 5/17/07 6:36 am - mesa, AZ
Well I hope it is good news and you are approved! Got my fingers double crossed for ya!!!!!
Celeste B.
on 5/17/07 9:18 am - SAN TAN VALLEY, AZ
I just got a call from my doctor's office and she said she will call me tomorrow to give me my date.. WHOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will update as soon as I get a date.
M. clarke
on 5/17/07 10:00 am
awe I'm so happy for you Celeste!!! Hopefully your doctor will get you in quickly! Keep us posted.
M. clarke
on 5/17/07 8:48 am
Sounds like it to me also. I think they normally approve you for three months at a time from what I've heard here on the forum so I would make the same assumption you have. I will also cross my fingers for you!
Celeste B.
on 5/17/07 9:20 am - SAN TAN VALLEY, AZ
APPROVED!!!! WHOO HOO........ okay, now....what happens next
David S.
on 5/20/07 3:07 am
Congrats on your approval. I know Jodell and I were both Soooo excited when we got our approvals in February. We had our surgeries in March, and are now both BIG LOSERS! I've lost 71 pounds, and Jodell has lost 40 pounds. Keep us updated on the board as you get your date, etc. --Dave
Celeste B.
on 5/21/07 1:07 am - SAN TAN VALLEY, AZ
WOW!!! That is so awesome...it has only been less than 3 months for you guys and you have lost 71lbs and Jodell 40lbs...that is so awesome and exciting...I am soo happy for you guys....what are you doing as far as protein shakes and vitamins? Have you started any exercise routines yet? My date has been set for Monday, 06/18....so excited and I received my approval letter in the mail this weekend
David S.
on 5/21/07 11:11 am

I can't stand protein shakes post surgery, primarily because it is so difficult to get enough protein in that way with such a small stomach.  We have tried to get as much of our protein as possible in through the foods we eat.  Initially, we focused primarily on staying hydrated, as that was our doctor's primary concern.  Then we added things like refried beans.  Now that many of my diet restrictions are pretty much gone, I like sliced deli meats, south beach protein bars (19 g of protein), and the little south beach pizzas (31 grams of protein).  I also have some of the new whey protein isolate shots, which I don't use very often as I prefer to get my protein in through the foods I eat.

As for exercise, this week I started on the elliptical machine, and also began doing some resistance training.

June 18th will be here before you know it.  If you're like we were, you probably have lots of stuff you want to get done before the surgery, so you can just focus on getting better.

--Dave

Dave from AZ     
Desertflower
on 5/18/07 5:53 pm - Mesa, AZ
I will send out a prayer for you. Hope you get the final approval soon. Ask you Dr's office for a copy of the letter for your files, too. Robin
Most Active