PLASTICS W/ INSURANCE

dmwilson
on 5/16/07 5:56 am - tucson, AZ
I will be seeing Dr. Gitt in Phoenix for plastics on the 24th, after 130 pds. lost and a year and a half later. has anyone had any reconstuctive surgery coverage with insurance (UHC). Diane
JRinAZ
on 5/16/07 6:11 am - Layton, UT
Yahoooooooooo Diane! I'm looking forward to meeting you on the 24th! Many folks have had coverage for reconstructive p.s. with UHC. The general criteria for insurance coverage for "us" is that the panniculectamy part of an abdominoplasty or circumferential body lift "might" be covered if there are documented rashes and/or if the pannis (abdominal excess skin) can be pulled out about 6 inches from your frame for a photo!!!! Any pics and documentaiton with a pcp is very very helpful! And....if anyione has a hernia to be repaired, then that will definitely be covered by insurance which offsets a chunk for the O.R., surgeon and anesthesiologist. Brachioplasty, thighplasty, breast lifts, etc. are considered cosmetic and are very very difficult to get any coverage at all by insurances. Occasionally, a breast reduction can be covered. BUT......a little bit of coverage by insurance through Dr. Gitt is a lot better than ZERO coverage from other surgical options. And....you get the best work in the entire world! You are going to look AMAZING!!!!! See you soon! Joyce
dmwilson
on 5/17/07 8:23 am - tucson, AZ
I'm soooooooooooooo excited Joyce, I will see u then thanks for the imput. Diane
HarleyGirl
on 5/17/07 5:50 am - Maricopa, AZ
Congratulations on your sucess! I have UHC through US Airways. Dr. Gitt was able to get panni removal & hernia repair approved. I had a BR by another Dr. before I was aware of Dr. Gitt and UHC covered it with no problem at all. Alot depends on what your "photo gallery" looks like ! I just recently did a review of him, so check it out. Great office, I wish I had done a little more research when looking for someone to do my BR I would have gone with Dr. Gitt. I had my surgery April 13th and I am one happy girl is all I've got to say I am back in pre surgery clothes, and they fit really nice now that the panni is gone(9 lbs). Good luck to you, keep us posted on what happens. Paula
dmwilson
on 5/17/07 8:21 am - tucson, AZ
Thanks for the imput Paula, and yes I will keep u all informed as my journey continues. Diane
jenniferlm
on 6/4/07 1:01 pm, edited 6/4/07 1:02 pm - AZ
Hi Diane! About 2 years ago I tried going through Dr. Lex/Dr. Gitt to have my tummy done and at that time they were not willing to submit it through my insurance and wanted the money upfront. Has there policy changed?
JRinAZ
on 6/5/07 2:39 am - Layton, UT

Jen, NVPS (Dr. Gitt) takes most major insurances.  The insurance discount is given at the time of your consult and then we tackle the insurance company.  The discount is not given "if" Dr. Gitt doesn't see the insurance requirements within that consult time.  HMO's will not cover anything in general.  PPO's "may" cover:  the panniculectamy part of the body lift or tummy tuck (basically means it will cover the whacking off of the excess abdominal skin if it can be stretched out about 6 inches when you hold it up and/or if you have documented rashes or infections). The insurance will definitely cover a hernia repair as part of any Plastic surgery.  They are found all the time during consults by Dr. Gitt when patients didn't even know they had one.  He also finds them in surgery on occasion, takes a picture and then submits to insurance for a possible "happy wake-up surprise'.  Breast reductions are sometimes covered by insurance. His consults are FREE so it doesn't hurt anyone to come find out what it would take to fulfil their "wish list"!  Plastic Surgery is definitely expensive but Dr. Gitt's prices have pretty much beat everyone in the entire area and his insurance efforts help many!  But....it's the BEST work that should be considered and he fits that bill.  You can check out his patient reviews on the Plastic Surgery forum...... You can meet him and hear a great presentation from Vitalady on Monday the 18th from 7 to 9 pm at the Scottsdale Marriott at the McDowell Mountains.  The price has been reduced to $10 so that all can benefit from this unique opportunity! Hope to see you there! Joyce P.S.  You can also meet Dr. Gitt at the Bridges ST Luke's Grad Seminar on Saturday the 23rd of June!

jenniferlm
on 6/5/07 4:40 am - AZ
Joyce, thanks for the info! It was very helpful.
dmwilson
on 6/8/07 10:13 am - tucson, AZ
Hi Jenn , yes things have changed, I had my consiltation with Dr. Gitt and he was wonderful. my paper work was submitted to my insurance for my panni and my approval was recieved in 6 days. so I will be schedueling here for my panni removal soon.  Jenn try again at Dr. Gitts office he himself told me he would do everything to have the insurance approve as much as he could and he sure did.                                                                                                          GOOD LUCK
Most Active