Need serious help with Luau ideas

sgirl
on 5/15/07 12:25 pm - tucson, AZ
I need some seriously healthy dishes to make for a Luau that our friends are having. No one knows that I had the surgery. I am left in charge of all fruits and a dessert. Please help with recipes. Love ya.
JRinAZ
on 5/15/07 12:35 pm - Layton, UT
Make the lovely cut ou****ermelon zigzagged on the edged with rounded fruit balls of every type. That's easy and always nice at a potluck. Stir up some yogurt with Cool Whip Light for a fruit dip! yummmmmy! There is a bunch of yummy sugar free desserts on the net. I GOOGLE it and find zillions. I found a s/f keylime pie that folks keep asking for and they dont' have a clue it's s/f Maybe Moira will chip in and give you her s/f pineapple yummy cake recipe????? Don't stress ....you can always take some killer sugared stuff and then just keep to the fruit for yourself! Good luck! It sounds fun! Joyce
sgirl
on 5/15/07 12:40 pm - tucson, AZ
Oh I never thought to Google. DUH!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Joyce. Do you still have the Key Lime Pie Recipe? That would be one cool idea....Thank you.
CK777
on 5/15/07 2:48 pm - Avondale, AZ
Here is a couple of suggestions: Meatballs (beef, chicken or turkey) Ham
sgirl
on 5/16/07 9:48 am - tucson, AZ
Cathy, would you happen to have any recipes for them? Thanks...
CK777
on 5/17/07 1:47 am - Avondale, AZ
For the meatballs I just buy the frozen ones from Costco (they have turkey or chicken) but I am sure that many other stores have them but then I cook them per directions on package, in the meantime I have a bottle of chili sauce and 1/2 jar of grape jelly in a sauce pan on the stovetop, when the meatballs are done I add them to the sauce pan with jelly/chili mixture. I know this sounds really strange (chili sauce and jelly) but it is really good. For the ham - well any old ham but I like to make my life easier and buy the spiral cut. Cathy
Most Active