medicines

asilroyan
on 5/13/07 11:36 am
Pre-surgery I went and had my regular meds prescribed so that they could be crushed. I had to crush them for the first time and they didn't mix well with anything. At any rate, I went and picked up my post surgical prescriptions and Dr Fang prescribed a capsule! Now I know they said I could have small pills, but the capsule is a standard size. Has anyone taken capsules immediately after surgery with success?
MARY OTU
on 5/13/07 2:03 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
I am guessing that is a mistake. Check with Dr Fang's office first thing tomorrow. I hope you rejected the prescription. Was this for pain meds? If so, you may want to wait till you go home to fill it. I could not tell from your post if you are now post op. I never did fill mine as tylenol was fine for me. Mary
kkortsen
on 5/15/07 12:30 am - AZ
The capsules did not bother me. I crushed pills for two weeks. Now, I just swollow them whole. Good luck with your surgery, you will do great! Kent
kkortsen
on 5/15/07 12:34 am - AZ
Lisa, I had a VSG, not an RNY. You best check with your Doc. Kent
M. clarke
on 5/15/07 4:14 am
Lisa. not sure what you are taking, but I did have some medications that were not intended to be crushed. Some medications are not supposed to be broken or crushed so they had to prescribe them in the smallest dosage, so the pills were small. I ended up taking like 8 pills per dosage. Perhaps it is a medication that can't be crushed? It should say on the package if so, and you might need to get it in lower dosage. As far as mixing well with anything. i didn't have much luck with the stuff that would crush. They said to crush pain pills and put in jello, but i couldn't get them down that way, and the liquid stuff made me throw up. I had to break pain pills into tiny pieces and just do the best i could with them. I found that once I could eat Yogurt that seemed to work better then anything for taking pills. The only thing in capsule from was the iron pill and that was tiny so it wasn't really a problem.
Most Active