I'm home now and doing well :-)

alligatorpgr
on 5/14/07 1:00 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Thanks Pam, it is good to be home. I'm getting a lot of water, and resting pretty well, so I feel pretty good. I'm not on any protein until Tuesday, just clear liquids, but I'm not hungy at all. Thanks again for much for the Protein samples, they will start to come in mighty handy in the next few weeks Alli
MARY OTU
on 5/13/07 1:59 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
So good to hear from you Alli! We were all rooting for you. It was hard to see the end when you got postponed back in March but now the, "end" has actually gone by, you can now look to the future as a looser. I sure hope to meet you in person soon. Mary
alligatorpgr
on 5/14/07 1:05 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Thanks Mary, it was a hard road to get here, but I'm finally on the other side, yeah!!! You all have been such a great source of encouragement through everything, I don't know if I could have made it through all the delays without you!!! I look forward to meeting you soon, Best wishes Alli
JEAN-NA
on 5/13/07 11:54 pm
Miss Alli Glad your home and doing good, Sounds like your off to a good start ! Sorry i missed getting up to see you ! Carenza gave me an update on Friday at Rosa's house. Keep up the good work and hopefully I will get to see you at a support meeting - while your off work - maybe you can get to one , Otherwise the board works! So I have to ask - Have you been tempted to stand on the scale yet ?
alligatorpgr
on 5/14/07 1:08 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Hello my friend Jeana, thanks for all the yummy samples you sent to the hospital for me, I'm sure I will be using them up in the next few weeks. I plan on going to the next support meeting since I'm off for a month, so I hope to see you there. And yes, I did get on the scale when I got home, very discouraing though as I gained 11 lbs when I was in the hospital.........Arrgggghhh, I told Randy when he came in to take my JP tube out that I wanted a refund, as the scale was moving the wrong way!!! He laughed and said, just wait and you will see....... Thanks for everything!!! Alli
carolem
on 5/14/07 10:26 am - Austin , TX
So glad everything went well, your probably feeling pretty good today. I've been so busy I missed your post from the 12th. So what do you think, was Dr. B worth the wait???? I think so, even though I got pretty upset when my date was in question for a week when she had an emergency and no one knew when she'd be back. That's hard to deal with when your talking about surgery! Take care girl, glad to see you have friends close by to help. Keep posting.....
alligatorpgr
on 5/14/07 4:10 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Hi Carole, yes I truely believe that Dr B is worth the wait!!! Even after my surgery got cancelled on Wednesday after being in the hospital waiting for 7 hours, I think she is worth the wait!!! I'm just glad I'm on the other side now Alli
M. clarke
on 5/14/07 2:00 pm
Alli. You are funny about the refund! They say that is normal to gain 10-20 pounds from the surgery. You will drop that plus more. I gained 15, dropped that 15 plus another 21 the first week. I'm so glad to hear you are in good spirits! Sounds like you are doing great.
alligatorpgr
on 5/14/07 4:15 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Hi Melissa, they did tell me to expect some weight gain, so I'm really not that worried about it (Am I!?!?!?) Just joking, I know now from reading the boards these past months that this is totally normal and to be expected. I was feeling real good about myself because I had lost another 3 lbs in the past two weeks and was thinking Dr B was going to be so proud of me.....HA!!!! I gained 11 lbs in one day from being on all the fluids that they put me on in the hospital on Wednesday when they cancelled my surgery and decided to admit me anyways!! IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?!??!??! But all is well now, I was told not to get on the scale this soon, but I did weigh already and already lost 5 lbs, so that's only 6 more to get to my surgery day weight....It will happen, I see all of you, and you guys are my inspiration!!! Keep up the good work so I have someone to look up too!!!! Alli
kkortsen
on 5/15/07 12:31 am - AZ
Glad to see you home Alli! Take it easy and let your body heal. Sip on tha****er and protein. Good luck! Kent 357/281/189
Most Active