I'm home now and doing well :-)

alligatorpgr
on 5/12/07 11:39 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Hello everyone, I got releasd this morning, came home and took a nice little nap, and am now walking for a little bit. I'm am doing really well, just a little tired, and really glad I got to come home. Thanks for all the well wishes, and I'm glad I'm on the other side now. Best wishes Alli
johnb_az
on 5/12/07 12:00 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I am glad everything went well for you Alli. No place like home... And you probably thought you would get a lot of rest after the surgery in the hospital... They make you walk and walk and walk. I was soo happy to be home and sleep through most of the night. I used a air matress underinflated to sleep on for the first week or two since I can only sleep well on my side/stomach. Take care, Doc
alligatorpgr
on 5/14/07 12:52 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Thanks Doc, you are right, there is no place like home I've been sleeping in my own bed since I got home, and am doing ok. One of my bandages leaked bad enough to wake me up Saturday night, (the one where the JP tube was), but besides that, I'm getting about 6 hours a night, which is really good for me. Take Care Alli
M. clarke
on 5/12/07 1:14 pm
Ali! I'm glad your home and doing well! Give yourself plenty of love and rest. It gets better each day. As Doc said now that you are out of the hospital you can actually get some rest! Take good care! So glad to hear from you. p.s. A heating pad helped me a lot the first week.
alligatorpgr
on 5/14/07 12:57 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Thanks Melissa, I'm trying to get as much rest as I can get with a house full of kids LOL Take care Alli
Nicole W.
on 5/12/07 1:42 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
Hi Alli! I was just thinking about you! Glad you are home! Take it easy the next few days, it does get better each and everyday... If you need someone to go for a walk with, call me! I am not far at all. ~Nicole
alligatorpgr
on 5/14/07 12:59 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Nicole, thank you for everything, you have been such a good Angel to me!!! I'm off for a month, so my schedule is completely free. Just let me know when and where you want to walk and I'll be there. Maybe we can Mall walk somewhere since it's starting to get hot..... Again, thanks for everything Alli
pwrightt
on 5/12/07 11:56 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Hi Alli: I'm so glad you are back in the comfort of your home. Like eveyone also stated it will get easier as the days and weeks go bye. Get lots of rest and start getting in as much protein and water as you can tolerate. Its very hard at first but don't let yourself get dehyrdated. Welcome home Pam
asilroyan
on 5/13/07 12:50 pm
Glad to hear you're home and well. I came home yesterday. I know I'm having trouble getting in all the water, protein and liquid food. I'm taking in as much as possible, but just sat down and calculated it and I think I got about 10 grams of protein and maybe 60 calories. I'll be thinking about you. Please keep us posted on your progress.
alligatorpgr
on 5/14/07 1:03 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Thanks Lisa, congratulations on your surgery as well. I'm still on clear liquids until Tuesday, and I haven't had a problem with that yet. I go to the soft protein stage on Tuesday, so we will see how that goes I'm feeling pretty good though for being sliced and diced LOL Best wishes Alli
Most Active