5 days post op and need to get more protien

hope H.
on 5/12/07 4:29 am - mesa, AZ
I have been tracking with fitday.com. I am only averaging 35-45 grams of protien. I am on the full liquid phase now for two more weeks. I have been fortifying milk with nonfat dry milk. and placing nf dry milk in the yogurt. Any suggestions??? Hope
dfavre
on 5/12/07 11:08 am - Maricopa, AZ
What kind of surgery did you have? Any advice may depend on the surgeon you had as well. For those of us who are RNY w/ Doc Blackstone, we were only on liquids for a week. After that, soft protiens including protien suppliment drinks. I really enjoy ISOPURE ready to drink protien, but some find it nausiating. My suggestion would be to sample a few to find which one works best for you. However, if you had a lapband, you probably have more options to choose from. Dawn
johnb_az
on 5/12/07 12:18 pm - Phoenix, AZ
+1 on Isupure. It is hard to get you protein numbers without supplements. Take care Doc
pwrightt
on 5/13/07 12:08 am - PHOENIX, AZ
HI Hope: With Dr.Fang/Dr.Juarez we are on the full liquid diet for two weeks. I actully attempted at first to drank 3 shakes a day which gave me up to 90 grams of protein a day. I purchased a bunch of sample products from vitalady before I found one I actually could tolerate. The yogurt is a great idea. Its hard at first to get all those shakes down but everyday will get easier as your pouch will be able to tolerate a little more day by day. You are only 5 days post op make sure you get in water so you don't dehyrdate. Pam
hope H.
on 5/13/07 6:14 am - mesa, AZ
Thanks for the replies. I will look for the isopure. I had the rny with Dr Fang on May 7th.
MARY OTU
on 5/13/07 2:08 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Hope, Fo a newby like yourself I also reccommend the Isopure or New Whey in the vials(Vitamin Shoppe). These are both liquids that can be mixed with water or sipped straight (although pretty sweet full strength.) Shakes can be made when your ouch gets all healed and you can tolerate more in your tummy. Shakes are made from powdered protein, water and ice. When you are further out you can add some fruit too. Good luck, Mary
hope H.
on 5/14/07 7:26 am - mesa, AZ
I found a bunch of shakes that I can have with the isopure. Hopefully the protien will not be a problem anymore, thanks.....
Most Active