Is this Dumping?

Nicole W.
on 5/11/07 1:35 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
I took my Dad out for his birthday to the Outback... I got my one of my two usuals... Alice Springs Chicken, no mushrooms. My dad got the Apple Pecan Cobbler and I saved room for a bite or two. I had a bite and about 10 minutes later, my heart started racing, got a tummy ache and just felt semi-miserable for the last 40 minutes. It is finally starting to pass after taking a walk, I haven't had the need to throw up or anything. In the past when I ate stuff high in carbs/sugar, I would just get extremely tired for about 20 minutes and then it would pass. But this was a bit different. ~Nicole
johnb_az
on 5/11/07 1:45 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Sounds like dumping to me. I get similar things with simple sugars except my heart does not race. It comes on pretty fast, usally in 10 to 15 minutes. It lasts about 30 minutes. I hope you are feeling better now. Doc
M. clarke
on 5/11/07 3:34 pm
Nicole. I used to get sick at first, but now I can eat pretty much anything; however i had some apple pie and ice cream the other day on an empty stomach and i was really really nauseated for about an hour afterwards. I didn't throw up but I was really really miserable and wished i could throw up . Randy told me that heart racing was part of dumping so it sounds like that is what you are having SORRY No fun huh? I hope you feel better quickly!
Linda S.
on 5/15/07 7:41 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Thats dumping for sure!
KT300
on 5/16/07 7:16 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Sounds about right!! It makes me feel like I WANT to throw up, and sometimes I try to! But it's too far gone at that point. Welcome to the club!! Usually I do protein first and I"m ok with a few bites, but you know that. The worst was sweetened tea at a spa on a empty stomach was in the lieu for an hour! Katie See you soon?
Most Active