Happy News??

M. clarke
on 5/11/07 8:54 am
Does anyone have anything happy to share? Anything Inspiring? Exciting? Something new in their life? I have been trying my hand at making beaded jewelry. This is a new passion, and I am very much a novice so this aren't works of art (YET!), but I am enjoying it very much. Plus it keeps me busy, and gives me something to work toward. Seeings that I can't really go out and buy new clothes as I lose weight I am instead investing in pieces that I will be able to wear from now until I get to my goal, hence, the beaded jewelry. I put pictures of my first pieces in my profile if anyone wants to take a look It is a great deal of fun to do! Well. If your crazy like me and you enjoy spending hours sticking little beads on wire that is. Anyways. What are some of the things that everyone else has taken up instead of eating?? Would love to hear about everyones new or old hobbies!!! Please share!!
JEAN-NA
on 5/11/07 10:26 am
Melissa Wish I had time to do a fun project , I am not a real creative person , right now I am working lots of hours and trying to keep my mind off food ! I am workingon getting tothe gym in the evening to stay away from thehouse and eating - so far its working ok ! But I was told to find a hobby --- hmmmmm maybe I will start looking ! thanks for your inspiration.
M. clarke
on 5/11/07 11:01 am
Jean. Thank you for responding. Your positive attitude is inspiring for me! Gong to the gym is a great thing! It is so easy to snack when at home isn't it? That is part of my new obsession with staying as busy as I can. I have become obsessed with hobbies since I have to spend a lot of time at home. I have several projects from beading, cross stitching, scrap booking, and others going at the same time. I keep meaning to start a scrapbook of my weight loss, but it is something i haven't gotten around to. I must be avoiding it for some subconscious reason I haven't figured out yet
johnb_az
on 5/11/07 11:24 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Melissa, I checked out the beads and they look nice. I dabble in a few hobbies. Photography (just learning), computers, remote control cars/planes, target shooting, and motorcycles. I try to keep my mind occupied and I had to retire early due to disability. I also go to the gym 3 times a week. These things help, but I do still find myself fatigued most of the time. Doc
M. clarke
on 5/11/07 11:45 am
Doc. I love photography. I dabble in that a bit myself. I'm not a natural at it like some are so I have to try at it. But I do enjoy it. I especially liked the developing part, and although i mostly use my digital now I miss using my manual 35 mm. I've been talking to a guy who rides Harley's so maybe this summer I will get to ride on one! Looking forward to that one. You should share some of your photography on your profile. I would love to see it!
johnb_az
on 5/11/07 1:28 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I have yet to get into "artistic" pictures, but when I do I will put up a few on my profile. Tomorrow will be my first longer ride on my motorcycle since surgery. It will be about a 6 hour ride. Wish me luck that I do not tire out before we are done. Doc
M. clarke
on 5/11/07 1:31 pm
Wow That is a long ride. I do wish you luck that you don't get too tired before it is finished!! I hope you have a ton of fun!!
JRinAZ
on 5/11/07 11:30 am - Layton, UT
Shoes! Shoes! Shoes! On sale everywhere! .....Like you Melissa, I decided to sink money into something other that clothes as I lost. Well, I've been at my same weight "give or take 2 to 10" for 3 years now and I have bought MANY clothes BUT.....I continue to be delighted with the shoe shopping fetish I developed during my honeymoon losing phase! Sooooo much fun! I bought 3 pair today!!!! ....other happy news??? My one and only beautiful littel daughter is getting married next Saturday! It's been a stress but now that all the prior planning has been done; we are at the "enjoy" all the festivities phase! She's had 1 bridal shower already and has another big one tomorrow. She has a "ladie's luncheon" on Weds and then pedicures/manicures with all the female relatives.....a big family dinner on Thursday and Friday evening and then finally the wedding and reception! It's definitely a HAPPY season of my life! Thanks for asking for some "happy news"!!!! Huggggzzz to you! Joyce
M. clarke
on 5/11/07 11:49 am
oooh shoes! I am waiting on those hoping my feet with shrink a little too. LOL. But who wouldn't love shoes! A WEDDING! Now that is perfectly happy news! What a festive week you have ahead of you. I would be in heaven on Wednesday. I love all that stuff.. the manicures and ladies stuff. I love girlie things. So very excited for you! Keep us posted through out the week (if your not to exhausted) as to how things are going and just how much FUN you are having!
M. clarke
on 5/11/07 11:51 am
p.s. Just how many pairs of shoes do you have? LOL (imaging 100's and 100's of shoes in boxes lining her closet)
Most Active