Am I full or not?

Vicki A.
on 5/10/07 3:26 pm
I had my lapband surgery on May 2, and went home May 4. I'm still trying to figure out if I am full, hungrey or what. It still hurts occasionally. No more pain med for me because I accidently overdosed, and could ruin my liver. I would love a long swig of ice water, but oh well. I am not dehydrated, so I think I went overboard on the liquids. Now I am taking a small swigs every 15 minutes. Urine is clear. I usually feel ok, but nights are rough. Maybe I'm just impatient. Seems like all the time it took to get here and yet the hard part is just starting. Any thoughts? Thanks Vicki
M. clarke
on 5/10/07 5:49 pm
Vicki, I didn't have lapband, so I'm not sure what you should be feeling. I didn't quiet understand what your situation, but I understood you were frustrated. And that part I can relate to You just need to be patient with yourself. The journey has just begun. It will take a while to get used to the new feeling, and it will get better. I know you want to feel great right away We all did. It will take some time. But you will get there! Soon it will all feel perfectly normal
M. clarke
on 5/10/07 5:54 pm
p.s. With the RNY my doctor had us measure our food the first month especially because she said as our pouches healed the "hungry" feeling wouldn't come back for about a month. Therefore it was critical to measure so we didn't over eat as we were lacking that "full sensation" at first. I don't know if that is the same with lapband or not. But you might want to try measuring your food.
Candi Y.
on 5/11/07 1:33 am - Cottonwood, AZ
Hey Vicki - Welcome to the world of the BANDED, I was banded on 3-14-07 by Doc Simpson. The hungry feeling is a tough one, I asked Doc about when the heck will I feel FULL??? His reply....what was "FULL" to you....Well when I thought about that, full meant when I was at Golden Corral and coulnd't even get up to make another trip to the buffet, his reply - You will NEVER feel that with the band, you were WAY beyond full at that point. Having been overweight ALL my life I am STILL relizing that I didnt even know what HUNGRY meant either. Head Hunger is a big part of the battle that the band can;t help with. In the begining stages be sure to measure your portions, you soon are able to tell them by eye balling the food. I have just gotten my second fill and I am now really starting to see what the band will help me with, I had never gotten anythign stuck before and had it happen to me yesturday, OHHH MYY GOD, I am still nervous about eating so I am concentrating on every bite and chew and sice doing that really noticing that I do get SATISIFIED after really not eating much, its amazing to think of what we can survive on compared to what I used to eat!! Good Luck - My doc has these PODCAST's about emotional eating and HEAD HUNGER, heres the website if you'd like to check them out! There are GREAT! I now wait and listen for my stomach to PHYSICALY tell me I am hungry before I eat, ITS AMAZING! Take care - http://southwestweightloss.com/default/About_Our_Program/Listen_To_Dr_Simpson
auntnanan04
on 5/11/07 2:04 am - Tucson, AZ
Candi, Thanks for sharing the info on Dr. Simpson's podcast. I had RNY almost 2 years ago. The emotional eating podcast is great. It is short and gets to the point quickly with great examples. This should be heard by all who have eating issues!
tanders6
on 5/12/07 3:02 pm - AZ
Those are good podcasts Candi. He is very confident of his abilities. I have heard that the band success rate at SBC is off-the-charts compared to the national average. I haven't heard how it compares to Simpson's patients. Both seem to have a strong after-care program which is probably the reason for the success.
Most Active