First Fill Cancelled!

Maureen O.
on 5/10/07 10:02 am - Glendale, AZ
After waiting TWO months to get my first fill and driving all the way to Scottsdale, I find out my appt. was cancelled. OH yea, I left the house at 3:00 and the message that the appt. was cancelled was left at 3:15! So now I have to wait unti JUNE 1 to get my FIRST FILL! I should have had two fills by now, but NOOOO, I'm still waitng for my first one. This is just wrong!! Why do they do lapband surgery if they can't follow-up with the fills?? I'm really ticked off! I am very upset with SBC. I did not get this lapband to do all the work myself. I have no restriction and now I have to wait another 3 weeks!
JRinAZ
on 5/10/07 11:33 am - Layton, UT
Hey Maureen, Unless you signed some type of contract, you don't have to stay with SBC forever! Hop over to Doc Simpson. He takes unhappy patients from SBC and other programs all the time into his fold. His fills can usually be scheduled a couple of days ahead of time. Hnag in there! You can still practice good eating choices while you wait and then you'll be that far ahead of the game when you do get your fill!!!! It's a bummer but might just be a little bump in a fantastic journey! Huggggzzz to you! Joyce
Maureen O.
on 5/10/07 12:46 pm, edited 5/21/07 1:19 pm - Glendale, AZ
Thanks Joyoce, I have already sent Dr. Simpson an email to see if he can do my fills. I'm not sure how the insurance will work though if I swicth doctors. I will have to call them and find out. I just can't wait this long for fills. Who knows how long the wait will be for the second or third fill.  I know this seems like a little bump but this is one of many along this long road with SBC. Maureen

Myspace CodesMyspace, Myspace CodesMyspace LayoutsMyspace Codes, Myspace GraphicsMyspace CodesMyspace LayoutsMyspace Codes

Nicole W.
on 5/10/07 12:04 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
I would email your concerns to Dianne, the office manager at Scottsdale Bariatric. [email protected] Yes, I know you are fustrated. I would be too.
Maureen O.
on 5/10/07 12:47 pm - Glendale, AZ
Hi Nicole, Yes, I tried to contact Diane today but she alreay went home for the day. Tomorrow I will be contacting her. I just don't think it is fair to install the lapband and then not give the fills as needed. Maureen
johnb_az
on 5/10/07 12:10 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Sorry to hear about your problems. LIke Joyce said, maybe try another surgeon. I know SBC is very short handed with just Dr. Blackstone. Hope you get your fill done soon. Doc
Maureen O.
on 5/10/07 12:49 pm, edited 5/21/07 1:20 pm - Glendale, AZ
Hi Doc, Yes, your right, they are very short handed. They really should have a person who does only fills. I don't think it's fair to the people who have had the lapband surgery. Maureen

Myspace CodesMyspace, Myspace CodesMyspace LayoutsMyspace Codes, Myspace GraphicsMyspace CodesMyspace LayoutsMyspace Codes

Nicole W.
on 5/10/07 1:11 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
Melissa Davis does the fills for Dr. Blackstone, but she is also head nurse in operations. I know due to Alli's surgery postponed today that they were probably doing surgeries all day and probably why you got bumped. Good Luck with Dr. Simpson.
Maureen O.
on 5/10/07 1:39 pm - Glendale, AZ
Yes, she was in surgery today. I think they should have someone else who can do fills also since Melissa is usually in surgery. It's not really fair to the lapband patients who are waiting for fills. NO sense in having the band without a fill. I will speak to Diane about this tomorrow. Also, I should have been notified sooner if they were going to cancel on me, if I didn't give them a 24 hour notice I'm sure they would charge me $50.00.
M. clarke
on 5/10/07 2:56 pm
Wow. Personally I am happy with them; however I can see why you want to switch Doctors. It isn't good for your health physically or emotionally to get this upset. It is unfair that they didn't cancel you until that day. Hopefully Dr. Simpson can get you in right away. How often do you banders have to get fills? Is it a lifetime thing that you have to continue to get it adjusted? Hearing all this makes me more glad i did the RNY.
Most Active