Bran and High Fiber Recipes

Linda S.
on 5/10/07 4:01 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Please help, I am taking a med that is causing constipation, and the doses will be increased. I need a good high fiber recipe I can use as part of my program so I can be ok. I feel I do not need to say sugar-free. I am in trouble. Thanks guys
Nicole W.
on 5/11/07 4:18 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Linda, I make bran muffins... I use the recipe that is right off the side of the Bran Cereal Box, except I do subsitute Splenda for the sugar. I have one each morning for breakfast. I also started putting in a scoop of protein powder into the mixture, just to add a little bit of protein in there. Can you have salads? I know when I eat a salad here and there it helps keep me regular too! ~Nicole
Linda S.
on 5/11/07 7:33 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Hi, thanks for the info Nicole, I eat all kinds of veggies including salads..am supposed to eat 100 gms of good carbs daily. Did not have any problem until new med, which I must take. I also have Kashi Go Lean, but dumped on it one time.., and have been hesitant to ever try it again. Thanks so much again...yes. ..bran has to be the answer, good idea adding protein to it. Take care, and you are looking great!!
Most Active