anyone use banner bariatrics?

wannabthinagain
on 5/9/07 12:01 pm
Hi everyone- i guess i should introduce myself. I have been reading all of your posts looking for answers. i am a newbie here. As of may 1st i got banner insurance and am so looking forward to being able to have the lap band procedure. i was interested in the vbg, but i guess insurance wont pay for that one. just doing lots and lots of research for the last 2 years. you guys are real informative here on this site. its great!! any input you would have for me about banner bariatrics (I am going to a seminar on may 20th at Banner mesa med center).. do they make you jump through hoops? how long from first seminar to actual surgery date??? any input would help. thanks so much. kathie
JRinAZ
on 5/9/07 12:09 pm - Layton, UT
Welcome Kathie! I don't know a thing about that program but just wanted you to know that we'e listening! Good luck! Joyce
asilroyan
on 5/9/07 12:53 pm
I'm having my surgery tomorrow at Banner Good Sam. The Banner program is great. It's not them that hold up the process. It's mostly an insurance thing. When you go to the seminar make sure you go to one where the surgeon you're interested in is presenting. I went not knowing that and then when I called my preferred surgeon they said I had to attend a seminar where he spoke. I can't say enough about the Good Sam program, they really are great but you don't end up working with them all that much. I'm using Daniel Fang as my surgeon. He's supposed to be very capable, but he has absolutely no bedside manner and his staff stinks. If you can choose, I'd go with Dr Villares. People rave about him.
wannabthinagain
on 5/9/07 3:40 pm
thanks so much.. i havent looked into surgeons yet. i guess i better do that. i went to their website and couldnt find a list of surgeons that the bariatric program used. i will check out the one you said to though, thanks. Being an R.N., i really dont care about their bedside manner, as long as they are good surgeons. But poor staff can make your life miserable. i cant stand incompetence. thanks again. how long did it take you from your first seminar to the surgery? i am using banner plus insurance so i would think it would be an efficient process. but when it comes to insurance companies, that may be an oxymoron!!! hahaha kathie
kkortsen
on 5/10/07 12:18 am - AZ
Kathie, I went through Banner Good Samaratin. They have a descent baraiatrics program. There are tons of meetings and support groups. I am unable to attend their AM meetings because of work. However, there are some PM support groups. Good luck! My insurance also said no to the VSG. So, I paid for the surgery myself. Good Sam offers a package price. You might check it out. Kent
Most Active