Costco Liquid Protein

JRinAZ
on 5/9/07 8:53 am - Layton, UT
It's not bad at all!!!! In fact, it's like getting the "New Whey" protein in bulk form. It's in the pharmacy area of Coscto and is about 20.00 for a bottle. 3 oz give you 20 grams of protein for 80 calories. No sugar, carbs or fat. It's Citrus Strawberry flavor and really is tolerable COLD. I'm going to stick a jar of it in my refrigerator at work so I can take a shot of it a couple of times a day. Sandy B stopped by my house this morning and I made her try it out. She was a good sport but she also has a favorite concoction that she's been with for a very long time. I don't think she'l lbe a fan of this liquid protein but we both thought the flavor was o.k. ....another option! Joyce
Arizona_Sun
on 5/9/07 10:12 am - Gilbert, AZ
I actually liked the flavor of it. It is a whey isolate and I don't do well on those. I am one of the few WLS people who has a problem with isolates. Too bad since I actually like the flavor of some of them. Sandy
dfavre
on 5/9/07 10:41 am - Maricopa, AZ
Joyce, sounds yummy. Is this RTD or powder?
JRinAZ
on 5/9/07 12:06 pm - Layton, UT
RTD!!!!
MARY OTU
on 5/10/07 8:42 am - PHOENIX, AZ
http://www.obesityhelp.com/clickthru/group_id,1401/banner_id,3414/action,click/ I order the New Whey from this site. I ordered 2-12 packs. With shipping, it amounted to a breakdown of $2.50 per 3 oz vial. Each vial is 42 grams of protein! This is a lot of bang for the buck. It costs that much for the 25 gram vials at Vitamin Shoppe. Mary
Mollyfrise
on 5/10/07 9:48 am - Flagstaff, AZ
Is this like the vials of Profect, but just in a bottle?
Ramona B.
on 5/14/07 8:00 am - Phoenix, AZ
Doc saw this post and we went to Costco and bought 2 bottles of this liquid protein. That was after going to the Vitamin Shoppe to discover that as soon as their shipment of NuWhey arrives, it's completely bought out. I've heard that NuWhey is no longer delivering; I've also heard that it isn't. But I think some people are determined to stock up "just in case." I don't drink this stuff myself (John says I'm too picky!) and I don't think John's tried it yet either -- he still has a pretty good supply of the bullets left. But it is more economical than the individual servings from the NuWhey bullets. If any of you do supplement with protein bars (I know that's also a topic of dissension!), Costco sells several brands for considerably less than what the Vitamin Shoppe charges. We did stock up on several boxes of those; after all, Costco doesn't always have the same products from week to week. I have my favorite liquid protein supplements (meal replacements for me due to the number of calories), but I also feel a pretty strong need to actually "chew" my food from time to time; however it's awfully hard to get a significant amount of protein from "regular" food. Tuna is great, but I can only eat so much tuna before I just don't want it anymore.
Most Active