Got sick for the first time tonight

dfavre
on 5/6/07 2:43 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Well gang, I got stupid. I thought I had the eating thing down. Tonight, my husband made me a wonderful juicy piece of chicken. Well, dummy me went right back to my old habit of watching TV and started chowing down. Less than five minutes after I started, I thought I was going to DIE! OMG, when you all talked about having something stuck, I never in my life could have guessed how horrible the pain really was! I can't believe I didn't pass out! BTW, is it normal to have a bit of blood come up too? Anyway, lesson well learned tonight: TV & eating DON'T MIX WELL AT ALL! So, now I sit here w/ my warm tea and contemplate when I will have the courage to eat something solid again. See everyone at Shea tomorrow.
Nicole W.
on 5/6/07 5:22 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
Hi Dawn, Yep... that feeling does stink! I found when I swallowed too quickly or didn't chew enough I just had to let it pass... usually walking around a bit helped it slide on down, but sometimes that didn't work either. After about a half hour or so, I too sipped on tea and felt a bit better but was often afraid to eat again and gave up until the next morning. Remember, mindful eating. I found myself eating in front of the TV again, especially when I am over my friends houses or home alone. And especially at work, eating at my desk... I always end up doing some work sitting there and not paying attention to my food. I really need make sure I am doing nothing but eating and maybe skimming thru a magazine or something. It takes that one or two times for you to make sure you chew at least 20 times. Hope to see you tomorrow! ~Nicole
M. clarke
on 5/7/07 1:31 pm
Dawn i have thrown up, and gotten food stuck a 100 or more times but i have never felt like passing out due to the pain, nor had blood come up. That sounds like you might have something more serious like a tear or an ulcer happening. You might want to check with your doctor. Melissa
MARY OTU
on 5/8/07 4:37 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Dawn, I agree with Melissa. Call Randy and see what he says. That kind of pain and blood is wierd. Mary
Most Active