Fever

nicoleaz
on 5/6/07 9:44 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hey all I'm running a fever this afternoon 101.5 - I've searched and searched through my paperwork from Scottsdale Bariatric, but only found info about taking liquid Tylenol. Since the office is closed, does anyone know of what else I need to do? I'll obviously call tomorrow morning and double-check, but thought I'd ask. Thanks for your help - hope everyone had a nice weekend! Nicole M
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 5/6/07 10:13 am - Tucson, AZ
I have a list on my profile of good.bad meds. Do you have a bug?
nicoleaz
on 5/6/07 11:05 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Becky, thanks! I'm not sure what the deal is - my tummy and respiratory system seem fine. Been painfully constipated, but hoping the Benefiber my surgeon recommended will start working soon. Thanks again!
Nicole W.
on 5/6/07 11:09 am - Cave Creek, AZ
when I got desperate with consitipation and nothing else seemed to work... like glycerin hoo-hoo's or exercising or increasing my water intake, I finally bought some ducolax as per Randy. I only took one and boy did that take care of it. 3 hours later I felt so much better. I know what you are experiencing... I feels horrible. I feel your pain!
Nicole W.
on 5/6/07 11:06 am - Cave Creek, AZ
Nicole... you are 2 months out right? You should be cleared to have pills now if you can handle them. I did find some liquid tylenol at CVS one time when I was pre-op. But, you should be able to handle pills now. I remember at my one month class they told us we could go back to taking pills without crushing them. It took me until about 2 months to be able to handle large sized pills, like the big multivitamin. Hope you feel better! ~Nicole
nicoleaz
on 5/6/07 1:54 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I bought the liquid tylenol and the fever broke a little. Every other week I try to swallow whole pills and they just don't want to go down yet. I think it's a psychological thing!
JRinAZ
on 5/6/07 11:12 am - Layton, UT
Ahhhhh.......so sorry you're not well Nicole! Liquid tylenol, lots of cold water, and a phone call to the doc if it doesn't get better! Take care! Joyce
nicoleaz
on 5/6/07 1:55 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I'm sucking down as much water as possible! Thanks, Joyce
pwrightt
on 5/6/07 12:44 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Hi Nicole: I had only one problem since my surgery and I am just over 4 months post op. It WAS constipation. I was so impacted on 2-3 times I almost landed in the hospital. It did give me flu like syptoms and the pain was horrible. My doctor also suggested benefiber but I was so constipated that benefiber seemed to make it worse. Then he put me on Miralax. It worked within 1 1/2 days. When it does work watch out. You need to clean yourself out really good and then start a program so it doesn't happen again. As always ask your doctor about Miralax. You can now buy it over the counter. Believe me it was my life saver. I haven't had to take the Miralax in almost a month now and I am more regular now then before surgery. Hope this helps. Pam
nicoleaz
on 5/6/07 1:53 pm - Phoenix, AZ
When I went to the store this afternoon I checked out the Miralax. Not to sound gross or anything, but on the package it says not to take it if you are experiencing rectal bleeding, so I opted not to get it. I definitely need to give the office a call in the morning and get this figured out. It's a real pain in the...well.. ;)
Most Active