a few more opinions....

(deactivated member)
on 5/8/07 11:32 am - AZ
Oh Ali I am so thrilled for you, I wish you the best and a speedy recovery!! I want to see some pictures of you when you are on the losing side... Best of luck and tell Dr. B I said hi!! Hugs, Erin
M. clarke
on 5/7/07 1:46 pm
ERIN!!! OH MY GOSH!! I did not even recognize your picture! You look so different. Amazing how much weight can change how one looks. You were just as beautiful before, it is just shocking how different you look.
(deactivated member)
on 5/8/07 11:35 am - AZ
Hey girlie, it because of my short hair!! I had to cut it it falls out alot less now. But I have bone that I can feel no that I haven't felt in years. I have about 40-55 more lbs to lose, and I am totally fine if it takes me 6 mo to a year to do it. I feel flabby and want to tone up a bit. Then bring on the plastic surgery...
M. clarke
on 5/8/07 12:32 pm
Wow. You look fantastic. I'm amazed you still have that much to lose. Your attitude about it is wonderful. That you are obviously happy with your achievement and don't mind how long it takes you to lose the rest. I feel that way most of the time also. Just happy with what I have done, and don't really mind how long it takes to take off the rest of it. Of course other times i want it all gone tomorrow!
JRinAZ
on 5/7/07 1:51 pm - Layton, UT
Hey there Erin! Weigh 2 go!!!! Finding a recipe for your own success is soooooo important! Follow the guidelines and then kick "back side" with your healthy designer plan! When I was diabetic (pre- WLS), I was given the standard prescriptions and insulin shots given to everyone diagnosed with diabetes. But, after *****ing the finger several times a day and having quarterly labs, the doctor tweaked my scripts, insulin and diet just for ME. Then when I was losing quickly and had started an exercise routine; I needed tweaking again. ...... That's kind of how I look at our WLS post-op journey. We need to find tune our personal plan! .....especially after we're over that first 6 month hurdle! You rock! You are doing soooooooo well!!! Your little power drink must be working that magic! Hugggzzzzz and Joyce
(deactivated member)
on 5/8/07 12:17 pm - AZ
Thanks Joyce, I have really grown to love my protien drink in the am, I really, really do not feel like eating in the morning, not ususally until about 11 then I can ususally eat something, but then it's close to lunch so I wait. With both of my strictures, and even after now some of the time I cannot finish a meal (stuff gets stuck, I feel and then I stop the meal. But about 2 hrs later my pouch says "Hey! you only gave me 150 calories last meal" so I eat a little something to tide me over. I guess I struggle about half of the times with meals, even after the second endoscope. But on the flip side I can eat about 7-9 oz when it goes down smooth and that's where I want to stay, don't want the pouch to stretch. If I am still having issues I will talk to my NP at my 6 mo post op. I really don't do the mindless snacking thing. But thanks for being so positive, you really do give great advice!!! Hugs back at ya!!! Erin
Linda S.
on 5/8/07 8:03 am - PHOENIX, AZ
I agree with you Erin, do what works for you. I also make my own protein drinks, I am allowed one a day as my NUT is adamant about getting protein from foods. I can NOT EAT breakfast, it makes me So, I start off with protein drink....self made, and yummy. and I have no problems. Isn't it great that there are so many ways to work our programs? We did not all get fat from the same things....so we will get thin in our own unique way... All roads lead to Rome.... I think making a with myself to be healthy was the most important step I have taken. You by the way, are looking GOOD.
M. clarke
on 5/8/07 12:17 pm
Linda. I get tend to get sick if i eat to breakfast or too soon after waking up also. I wonder why that is? I was thinking maybe it had to do with not being hydrated enough, but that was just a guess. Really not sure. Anyone have any guesses or knowledge on that?
Linda S.
on 5/8/07 12:28 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
My theory, and what works for me is fluids first, so maybe it is a hydration thing. Also if I go too long without fluids and I eat, does not feel great. I guess it is part of my New body....nice getting protein in the morning. I drink a lo****er, green tea, and some crystal light, and AchieveOne.
(deactivated member)
on 5/8/07 12:21 pm - AZ
Linda thanks for the compliment!!! I apprciate it. I too do not do breakfast too well. I acutually don't really have the desire to eat until around 11 or so. I haven't seen you on here before or maybe I have but you did not have a picture, who did your surgery?? Just curious... Thanks again for putting a smile on my face!! Erin
Most Active