a few more opinions....

Linda S.
on 5/8/07 5:37 am - PHOENIX, AZ
You don't count calories, because you are smart enough to eat the right things. I don't add up calories because I know when I am gonna eat the wrong thing, and I don't eat it..or take a tinsy tiny bit, moderation is a good key. Heck with all the dieting I have done...my calculator is in my brain. I was told not to count just to make sure I ate protein first, then good carbs...and 30 gms of fat...I usually go lighter on the fat, but NUT says it is important to have some. Your are so right, not the same thing works for everyone...we know our bodies. Look how far we have come....wowsa..huh?
M. clarke
on 5/8/07 7:10 am
Linda, WOW!!! I just looked at your profile. Dr. Fang must want to make you his new poster child for this weight loss surgery. You have lost soooo much weight in such little time!!! Your pictures look absolutely gorgeous! You can see a total change in your spirit! You are obviously giving the 100% to this program that I really should be giving. You inspire me!
Linda S.
on 5/8/07 7:26 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Awwww shucks, thanks! I do my best, it took me a long time to have this surgery as I knew it would require a life change, or I would mess my body up worse than it was. I am much happier than i was for sure. Also the bigger you are, the faster you lose. I just want to be my personal best. This board helps me soooo much, it is a lifeline. I am off my walker, am no longer a diabetic, and off my 3 different blood pressure pills. This wls saved my life. "Freedoms just another word for nothing else to lose". J. Joplin..."Me and Bobby Magee".
Linda S.
on 5/8/07 7:29 am - PHOENIX, AZ
P.S. You are doing Great yourself, just looked at your profile.
M. clarke
on 5/8/07 12:37 pm
Thank You. After seeing how well you were doing i had to go do swimming laps today. It's a good thing us bigger people lose weight faster, we need the head start as we have a lot further to go to get to our goal. Plus eventually we aren't so big and then we are losing just like everyone else.
Linda S.
on 5/8/07 1:06 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Amen to that sister! Kudos on the swimming today. I want to stay on top of the losing game, since I am not very active...am a lot more so than I used to be, I make sure I stay on the low side of calorie intake per my NUT. Happy losing...now I have to go and do my pool exercise...see what you started?
(deactivated member)
on 5/7/07 11:21 am - AZ
Thanks for the advice Joyce, you know it's funny you that you said some of these things. because I really do what works best for me and my lifestyle. I have been making my own protien shake(soy milk, high quality protien powder-32 gm per scoop, ice, cocoa and have been drinking it since 2 mo out. Never had made me dump, and I was told we couldn't have milk even soy milk at out 1 mo out class, but yet we could drink those yucky one out of the cans. So thanks for letting me know it ok to take all the advice, including the advice of my doc and combine it into a program that I can live with and stick with for life. I will say one more thing, I really am not interested in bread type products at all, except for the occasional hard pretzel. Thanks again for the advice!!!! Erin
alligatorpgr
on 5/7/07 1:15 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Hijack for Erin, I love your new picture!!! You have a glow about you 2 days and counting for me!!! Alli
pwrightt
on 5/7/07 10:53 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Hi Alli: Was reading this post and remembered tomorrow is your day. Wishing you the very best. Welcome to the healthy side Pam
alligatorpgr
on 5/8/07 7:48 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Pam, thanks sweetie, those protein samples you sent me will be coming in mighty handy in the next few weeks Alli TODAY IS MY DAY!!!!!
Most Active