question about Whey protein

spunkycutechic
on 5/5/07 7:48 am - GLENDALE, AZ
I just bought whey protein powder from Walmart. It is Body Fortress brand. 23 g of protein 1.5 total fat 1 g saturated fat cholesterol 35mg. Is that ok??? sodium 55mg potassium 170mg total carbohydrate 1g Dietary fiber 0g protein 23g Sugars 1g I compared to the ones given to me by the nutritionist was the total cholesteral was 0 and this one is 35mg. Anyone out there know if I bought a protein powder that is ok? I hate to open it until I find out. Maybe I shouldnt have bought it. I was mainly buying it this way to make protein balls and play with recipes. I love baking.
tall_girl99_2000
on 5/5/07 10:13 am - Chandler, AZ
This is the same protein I've been using and Im still losing 9 months later. I recently switched over to a Sam's Club brand its called EAS (Energy. Athletics. Strength). It has a much better taste, and the same amount of protein. The total carb is 3 and total fat is 2. Everything else is the same and it comes in a 6lb bag.
spunkycutechic
on 5/7/07 9:22 am - GLENDALE, AZ
I might try that, the one I got is disgusting. I made protein balls with it and they are horrible. I am tolerating it well. They are just too dry for my taste. Thanks for the info
yogibear
on 5/19/07 8:22 am - Fountain Hills, AZ
Mitch, You should be ok with the brand name of protein you bought. Just keep an earnest eye open for protein supplements that are better nutritionally.
Most Active