OT: Im so excited!!!!!!!!!!

Darlene X
on 5/1/07 1:16 am - Maricopa, AZ
I have to share with someone!!!! I get to go home July 3rd!!!! I haven't been home to New Zealand since I came here 6 years ago. I got very homesick last week... well I have always been homesick, but it's so expensive to fly home. Anyway we made the decision that I should go home... Hubby wants to come but can't take time off work, and financially it would be better if only I went. I am soooo excited, but nervous too-- its going to be really weird seeing people I haven't seen in 6 years, and my Mum & Dad haven't seen me since I had WLS (Well except pictures). I get to meet my brothers wife, and their new baby. Im not looking forward to 20 or so hours of flying each way... and going from my 115F to freezing winter.... but I mis my family, and Im so pumped!!!!!!! I had to tell someone. Im a little stressed because I need to renew my passport into my married name, but I have faith everything will work out! Darlene
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 5/1/07 3:04 am - Tucson, AZ
Darlene That is very exciting. I am so happy for you. It will be so much fun being a new you and seeing all your family again. I'm looking forward to seeing all the photos you take on your trip.
(deactivated member)
on 5/1/07 11:51 am - AZ
I am very happy for you, people will hardly recognize you. I bet New Zealand is beautiful!!! How exciting. By the way I am making a blue's clues cake for my son's bday, maybe I'll take a picture and post it on my profile. It will not be as nice as yours, but I don't do too bad. I managed to make a cool spongebob cake a few years ago. Have a marvelous time Darlene!! Erin
Darlene X
on 5/2/07 12:22 am - Maricopa, AZ
Ohhh Im making a Spongebob cake this weekend for my nephews Birthday! I'll be posting a picture of that later! I'd love to see your Blue's Clues cake!
Desertflower
on 5/1/07 3:40 pm - Mesa, AZ
Darlene, You are going to have a wonderful time, and wear clothes you didn't or couldn't wear before. Your friends and family are all so proud of you and probably won't recognize you...WOW! I am planning a trip to Chicago in Sept. Same for me. All my family remembers me a "chunky". Have a super time. Robin
Darlene X
on 5/2/07 12:23 am - Maricopa, AZ
Thanks Robin!!! Im very nervous... I don't like attention, and am feeling super anxious about going home! Good luck for your visit too!
Most Active