Constipated

(deactivated member)
on 5/1/07 11:37 am - AZ
I haven't needed to take anything for it. But try some dried fruit, mango, apples or apricots, they are natural do not make me dump and cheap. Best of luck
pwrightt
on 5/1/07 1:53 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Hi Nicole: I WAS the queen of constipation. I tried everything from enama's, fiber one, benefiber, move tea, suppositories, stool softners, flax seed, Senekot, and one or two I have probably left out. I spent a fortune on trying to get unconstipated. My doctor also suggested benefiber. It did nothing for me. Maybe if I wasn't so constipated it might have helped. It made it worse. In fact I almost laned up in the emergency room on two seperate occassions because I was so constipated. Then I heard about Miralax. What a life saver. It will work almost immediately. At first I took it two days straight. Then started to wean myself off. Then I started taking it once every 4 days, then a week, then went longer and longer. I haven't taken it now in three weeks. I also take two colace a day. I feel great. It worked wonders. Good luck. I know how horrible constipation can make one feel Pam
Linda S.
on 5/7/07 8:26 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Is colace over the counter, I am having problems do to new med. Med can not be changed as it is to help me not have brain surgery. Thanks!
pwrightt
on 5/7/07 10:24 am - PHOENIX, AZ
HI Linda: Yes Colace is over the counter. I still take them twice a day. The Miralax got everything going and the Colace keeps it regular now. Hope this helps Pam
Linda S.
on 5/7/07 10:44 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Great info. Am on my way to stock up...so I don't get backed up! (again).
moirap
on 5/1/07 1:54 pm - Mesa, AZ
I take a natural vegetable laxative they sell it at walmart its the generic members Mark. I take it every day and it works like a charm.
Nicole W.
on 5/1/07 4:52 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
Water, Water, Water... Bran Muffin Daily (I altered the recipe and used Splenda instead of Sugar)... Exercise, Exercise, Exercise. I went through rough stages of it too... still do from time to time. I thought it was the Iron that was doing it to me, but it's actually the Calcium Citrate. Hope you feel better! ~Nicole
nicoleaz
on 5/1/07 5:25 pm - Phoenix, AZ
A bran muffin sounds GREAT! Only a few more months...
Most Active