?waiting for insurance approval?

spunkycutechic
on 4/30/07 7:47 am - GLENDALE, AZ
I had my appt with the surgeon this morning. It went very well. I received a letter at checkout explaining that it would be three weeks until they submit all my information to the insurance. It said that it was my responsibility to call the insurance and see if they have any exclusions of coverage. I called them immediately when I got home. They assured me it was a covered procedure with no exclusions. I have gone through hoops for about a year now. Im just getting small glimmers of hope that this might actually happen. I have one more visit to a dietician tomorrow and then we will see. I am asking for prayers on my behalf, that the insurance will be cooperative and I can start changing my life for the better. I really need this. All the hoops have just about worn me out and my pocket book. I am hoping Im two steps closer to this becoming a reality.
Candi Y.
on 4/30/07 8:29 am - Cottonwood, AZ
OK Mitch - You'll be in our prayers!! I give you credit for fighting for a year with insurances, I fought for about 6mths and probably gained 15-20lbs during that fight and finally just took out a loan and paid for it myself, how could I keep putting a price on my life, ya know!! Keep up the FIGHT and GOOD LUCK!! Keep us posted! Take care!
spunkycutechic
on 5/1/07 3:10 am - GLENDALE, AZ
Hi Candi, thank your for your words and wishes. My email at home was down and I could not respond to anyone. I am tempted on the loan idea. I will see what they say and then go for it. I am doing this no matter what. I absolutely have to.
Vicki A.
on 4/30/07 1:04 pm
Mitch, Hang in there. Remember the medical and insurance world is different from ours. Whereas we really care about the time, they on the other hand have no concept of waiting. This has been the most frustrating hoop-jumping experience I have ever had, and yet day after tomorrow is my surgery. Good luck. Vicki
spunkycutechic
on 5/1/07 3:00 am - GLENDALE, AZ
Vicki That is so awesome that you are on your way and this is becoming a reality. Good luck with everything. I appreciate your words
Desertflower
on 5/1/07 3:47 pm - Mesa, AZ
Mitch, Remember to keep your eye on the goal...stay positive and know in your heart that you are going to have this surgery. It is sometimes overwhelming and exhausting dealing with insurance companies, but they have their own set of rules & regs to follow. Your doctor already knows what they want and hopefully they would let you know if there might be any snags. Now, its just the formality of getting the approval letter. I am so happy for you. A new birthday is just around the corner! Robin
dispatcheraz
on 5/2/07 10:41 am - Prescott, AZ
My fingers are crossed for you. I had my consultation on Tuesday and they told me almost the same thing. I have a couple other things to get to them so they can send in to insurance. Let us know what they say!
spunkycutechic
on 5/2/07 1:11 pm - GLENDALE, AZ
Hello Keri, I will let you know what they say. I will be crossing my fingers for you too. Good Luck
Most Active