Encouragement needed

sharon E.
on 4/29/07 2:42 pm - spanaway, WA
I had lapband surgery 4 1/2 weeks ago. I'm on pureed food for another 1 1/2 weeks. I have lost about 8 lbs since surgery and am discouraged. I'll get my first fill on May 8th. The 6 weeks before the first fill are the longest of my life....
(deactivated member)
on 4/29/07 11:56 pm - AZ
Hang in there.... The first 6 weeks is the hardest, it isn't called band hell for nothing.
Candi Y.
on 4/30/07 2:15 am - Cottonwood, AZ
Sharon - Hang in there, but I agree with you. I think when we go into this (WLS) we dont think about the struggle we'll have with our minds.....I am 6 weeks out had my first fill 4/19 and am already feeling like I need another. I am down a total of 26lbs since surgery, but thats been MINE OWN doing for sure... I am wondernig when the physical help will kick in from the band, I know the MENTAL we have to get on our own, but a little physical and I know I CAN DO THIS....... Keep the calorie intake LOW and EXCERCISE as much as possible. Your first fill will help my Doc says everyone different, it did help me but only for about a week already feeling like I need another, but this is what the band is about I am learning, its a "FILL GAME" until you find the fill that rights for you.......GOOD LUCK and hang in there!!!
Most Active