Feeling down

Mikkilynn
on 4/29/07 8:02 am - Mesa, AZ
Hello All - Well, I'm feeling really down because it's only been 3 weeks since surgery, I gained weight! I just don't understand how that can be. I really thought that the first couple months after surgery, the weight would just be melting off me. Especially since I'm only eating about 300 - 500 calories a day. It started about two weeks post-op that I have been really struggling to lose weight. I've even increased my exercise some to try and compensate but that didn't work. When I got on the scale and didn't lose an ounce for two days I was sad and then this morning I actually gained almost a 1/2 pound, I feel like a loser. (not the good kind of loser either!) I still never feel hungry and have wondered since my surgery if my pouch was ever small enough. But of course, if it is larger than normal, I will be blamed for it when I think it was never right to begin with. I'm becoming very discouraged and never dreamed that after surgery I would be thinking about food ALL DAY LONG because I'm soooo hungry. This is definitely not what I expected from bariatric surgery. Did anyone else go through a weight gain after only two weeks? I would really appreciate some input. Thanks, Michelle
johnb_az
on 4/29/07 10:42 am - Phoenix, AZ
Dont' feel down. You will start losing soon. Your body is getting adjusted to all the changes. In the hospital they pump you with so much fluid you weigh more than when you went in. Keep us informed and I bet in two weeks you will be one of the "good" losers. Doc
Mikkilynn
on 4/29/07 10:57 am - Mesa, AZ
Actually, the first sentence of the 3rd paragraph should read - I still never feel full. I haven't since my surgery. Oh well, I hope things turn around soon!
Linda S.
on 4/29/07 11:35 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
I am sorry you are feeling down. Did your nut tell you to the amount of calories you are eating? Good luck.
dfavre
on 5/1/07 12:33 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Hi Michelle, I had surgery about 5 days before you and believe you-me I know how you feel. Ever since we started eating real food, I had a hard time dropping the weight. In fact, for three weeks straight, I would lose/gain the same five pounds...ugh! I was walking all over my neighborhood, chasing after my little ones, but still nothin. The plateu breaker for me, was sweat. After I got my treadmill fixed, I walked on that for about 20 min. every day. Then I went back to work, where I also walk alot. So, needless to say, I kept those same five pounds off, plus five more. So, all together< I am down 25 since my pre-op appointment. I get frustrated alot, but my cloths do fit way better, and that cheers me up some. As for feeling hungry, try to get more water in. Then try and find other things to occupy your time. The more you sit and concentrate on it, the more frustrated you will become. You may even want to look at how much protien you are taking in. Joyce, is the protien guru on this board, so I am sure she can give you some great advice on that! Sorry for the long response... Please know that we are all here for you and are rooting for you 100%! Take care, Dawn
Most Active