Dr. Blackstone anyone?

arroyo
on 4/29/07 6:48 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi all! I am schedule for the lap-band on June 28th. I feel confident about my choice in surgeon. I wasn't nervous at all for the procedure until the other night I had a dream abou the surgery and it suddenly became so real. Just wanted to hear people's experiences with Dr. Balckstone. I don't meet with her for a while. But just was hoping to be prepared of what to expect. Thanks for the support!
tall_girl99_2000
on 4/29/07 7:59 am - Chandler, AZ
I can't say enough about Dr. Blackstone and her staff. They are all so wonderful. Every time I go to see her or one of her associates, I always have a pleasant experience, and come out of there smiling. I did not see her after my surgery (I saw Melissa), but prior to the surgery when they were prepping me, her bedside manner was awesome and really assuring. I know you will do great in her hands. Be glad you chose the best!!
alligatorpgr
on 4/29/07 9:53 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Hi Brooke, I am scheduled for RNY with Dr B on the 9th of May. I just met her this past week for my pre-op appointment, and she is amazing to say the least!!! I've been waiting for quite a few months, and for me she is definitely worth the wait. Best wishes on your surgery and recovery Alli
johnb_az
on 4/29/07 10:47 am - Phoenix, AZ
I can't tell you how much confidence I have in Dr. Blackstone. I was a extremely high risk patient. She did fantastic by me! You are in VERY capable hands. Doc
Nicole W.
on 4/29/07 11:42 am - Cave Creek, AZ
I can go on for hours about Dr. Blackstone... but I will keep it pretty simple. She saved my life. She is one of the most caring, kind, sweet, inspiring and honest person I have met in a very long time. You are in very good hands. ~Nicole
JEAN-NA
on 4/29/07 11:46 pm
Broooke As you can read we are all big fans of Dr Blackstone, rest assured your in great hands. I know the wait is long - But It's so worth it !!
Ramona B.
on 4/30/07 1:38 am - Phoenix, AZ
I had my surgery with Dr. B. on 3/21/06. At that time, she had two other surgeons in her office I could have gone with, but I chose to wait the extra month so she could be the one standing at my operating table. I have no regrets, and I'm positive she'll do an equally excellent job for you. Ramona B
carolem
on 4/30/07 4:27 am - Austin , TX
My husband and I both had lap-band with Dr. Blackstone. You will be surprised at how down to earth she is and friendly. She truly cares about all her patients and Melissa is wonderful as well. You'll be seeing her for all your fills. Her program is the best, other surgeon's model their program after hers. It works, all you have to do is follow it. She's very skilled at the procedure and I know you'll be happy with the results. She is definately worth the wait!
(deactivated member)
on 4/30/07 5:29 am - AZ
Dr B is the best, my incisions look marvelous and her whole program is fantastic. She is a wonderful human being and surgeon, you are with the very best!!!
jules2132
on 5/25/07 9:43 pm - Indianapolis, IN

You will love Dr. Blackstone, I thought she was terrific.  I had a problem with my kidneys after surgery.  I have never had a doctor bring the nursing staff in to my room to discuss a medical problem and what she was going to do and wanted them to do to resolve the issue.  She is just so caring and insistent on the best possible care for her patients.  All her staff I've dealt with have been that way.

Good luck to you, I know you will do just fine.

Jules

Most Active