Spring Fling

Renee9999
on 4/29/07 4:56 am
The Spring Fling hosted by Gil and Olivia was great! Everyone was so informative and supportive of each other. And of course, the food, singing, and dancing was wonderful. This was the first party I've been able to attend since my brother's suicide on 11/29/05. It's good to join the living again!! The Spring Fling was very uplifting. I want to thank everyone for making this such a happy occasion.
johnb_az
on 4/29/07 10:49 am - Phoenix, AZ
We had a great time. I wish I was not feeling so bad. I would have mingled a lot more than I did. Thanks Gil and Olivia for letting us come into your home for this party. Doc
desert rat
on 4/29/07 11:25 am - Goodyear, AZ
Renee, My hunny & I had such a good time. I lost a brother to suicide nearly 17 years ago so I completely understand that it takes time to re-enter the world of the living. I'm so glad that you decided to make the WLS community your first trip; everyone I've ever met in the WLS community has always been very supportive and warm. I really enjoyed meeting and talking with you last night & look forward to other get-togethers. We're hoping to have a Saturday brunch on the west side of town, possibly on the 2nd of June. Mark your calendar & watch for more info. Hang in there, Dj
Renee9999
on 4/30/07 2:58 am
Dear D. J., Yes, we were really glad to meet you and your husband. It's to know someone who understands my loss. My brother and I were "best friends" for over sixty years. If there is a brunch on June 2 keep me informed. We would love to see you guys again. Renee
Ramona B.
on 4/30/07 12:38 am - Phoenix, AZ
The Spring Fling was definitely worth the drive across town (closed freeways notwithstanding!) to meet so many nice people and to have a chance to "swap WLS stories." The food was wonderful! I don't think I've ever had strawberries that tasted so good. I also tried the 50% less sugar cake...AND the cheesecake! My sweet tooth definitely got the best of me that night. It was with relief that my "day of penance" on Sunday paid off and the scale didn't break when I stepped on it this morning - LOL! Thank you Gil and Olivia for so graciously opening your home to us! I'm looking forward to seeing all of you again at the next one! Ramona B
JRinAZ
on 4/30/07 2:56 pm - Layton, UT
Ramona! We didn't get to chat much! I'll have to corner you at the next get together! So glad you and Doc could make it though......Hopefully Doc is feeling better! Joyce
Most Active