Wide awake!

HarleyGirl
on 4/27/07 6:31 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Have you ever felt like a bad CW song about it being late and I'm all alone? Well thats me right now. It's almost 1am I'm wide awake, so I thought I would post some thoughts here. I had my Panni & Hernia surgery on the 13th (Dr. Gitt ) all really went well surgery wise, but this morning I had to have surgery to clean up a hematoma So since I rested all day, here I am wide awake at 1am So being a reflective person like I am, I'm gonna share. I've been on this journey since 4/1/4. There's been ups and downs but it seems that I've come to a point that I remember more ups than downs. I pray just that for all of you no matter where you are at on your journey. No matter what happens along the way always take care of yourself, even on days you are down find something to be joyous about. The joy you find in even the smallest things can turn you're day around. How you accept what's around you makes the difference in preparing, going through, and recovering from surgery whether it's the WLS or Plastics. I'm going to age myself here for a moment...I have a Candid Camera mentality..People love to observe people if we didn't Jerry Springer would be a shoe salesman So when I'm out and about even when things are crummy I think of that saying "when you least expect it someone may walk up and say Smile :you're on Candid Camera! That's corny I know but it works for me. I think I have rattled on enough this am to now be ready to sleep pain meds have kicked in. But the night would not be complete without thanking all of you out there for sharing good & not so good things on this board, and caring for each other. Also thank you God for giving Dr. Newhoff & Dr. Gitt the knowledge & talent that they share with all of us. Dr. N is now retired, Dr. Gitt and staff are great. It takes me 2 hrs of drive time roundtrip to see him and he is worth every mile and traffic jam on the freeway Good night/morning! Paula
Most Active