im a failure

Caroline69
on 4/26/07 1:38 pm - Tucson, AZ
I had a endoscopy done yesterday, the doctor said i had an over STRECHED pouch I have gained 10lbs what can i do???? i feel like _ _ _ _!!!!! Im always hungry HELPPPPPP!!!!
Desertflower
on 4/26/07 1:49 pm - Mesa, AZ
Hi Caroline, I know you must feel really bad right now...but look at where you have come. I don't know how much weight you have already lost...but I am sure you have worked very hard. What did your Dr. say about your pouch? Any ideas on how to shrink it down? How much has it stretched? I would start with those questions. Ask your doctor for guidance. When you want to eat...do something else. Try not to let your depression lure you into eating something you will regret. If you MUST eat...stay with protein, small bites...and measure before you put in on your plate. You are having a set back...thats all. Don't undo all that you have accomplished. Let me know how you are doing. Robin
Caroline69
on 4/26/07 2:14 pm - Tucson, AZ
Hi Robin, I have lost 150lbs as of now He also did a CTscan i have to call him for those results when i do I WILL ask him those questions hopefully there is somthing we can do I'll let you know what happens ok thanks for your reply.....
Desertflower
on 4/26/07 5:07 pm - Mesa, AZ
You have done a terrific job...WOW...150lbs! You should be so proud of yourself! Hang in there, and let me know what the doc says...ok? I am sending a prayer for you. Robin
M. clarke
on 4/26/07 2:38 pm
Caroline, i haven't been on line in a long time. Yours was the first post that caught my attention. You are NOT a failure!!! Do not do that to yourself. Do not talk about yourself in that manner. You have lost 150 pounds! That is tremendous. And if your doctor says anything that makes you feel like a failure. Get a new doctor! She is right. This is just a set back. We all have them. Please stay positive. You have come to far to start kicking yourself. You are a success not a failure! Settle for no less. Please keep us posted as to what you find out. i think it would be helpful for all of us to learn more about stretching the pouch as we are all in the same boat and we can all end up doing the same. Let us all learn from eachother, and not put ourselves down.
Caroline69
on 4/27/07 3:42 am - Tucson, AZ
Hi Melissa, Your right i should not put myself down i sure have done good!! its just when you hear that you STRECHED your pouch you feel like your DONE!! and all the weight is goin to come back on cuz that is our TOOL thats supposed to help us for eatin less and i do know that by now we should have learned a new way of eating its still very hard .....
JRinAZ
on 4/27/07 9:59 am - Layton, UT
Hey there Caroline! You've been on my mind! First, your surgeon MIGHT be right and the stretching "in part" might be from some of your post-op choices. Compliance, however can NOT be measured by our post-op pouch size!!!!!!!!! Many many many pouches are found to be wide open statistically after so many years/months. It is very possible that you have been a perfect post-op and yet your pouch is stretched anyway. Darn those surgeon's and docs who automatically want to blame it on us and give little regard to other possibilities. .... A more politically correct surgeon may have given you the pouch size information and then given you guidance on how to fix it or work with it!!!! So, give yourself a high five for losing weight. Give yourself a break for gaining a tad bit back. And....get another opinion on the condition of your pouch and what you can do with it now. My pouch is also damaged. I am a compliant post-op. I can NOT get insurance to cover a revision because I am still in a healthy weight range. I am not wiling to regain enough weight so that insurance will kick in. So, I have to work with the pouch condition I have and do a lot of weighing and measuring and exercise. Hmmmmmmm, that's not unlike anyone who has to watch their weight. Good luck Caroline! Keep us posted on everything and let me know if you'd like names of docs who do revisions! Joyce P.S. I know oodles of grads who have stretched out pouches who still do well. Try sticking with lean dense proteins. Do NOT ever drink during or after your meals. STay away from slider foods that are high in calories and low in protein grams.
Caroline69
on 4/27/07 11:58 am - Tucson, AZ
Hi Joyce, Thanks for your Reply can you give me those names of Doctors who do revisions just incase im GOIN to join Weigh****chers tommarow what do you all think?? i need some kind of direction you know what i mean ??? Can you give me some ideas as to Dense proteins ????? OH!! hey any of you guys ever hear of Sclerotherapy??? its some kind of Procedure that helps to make you feel fuller after your Pouch has streched??? they do it by an Endoscopy they Irritate the lower part of the Pouch or something like that.....
JRinAZ
on 4/27/07 2:30 pm - Layton, UT
Dr. Juarez at Bridges (Phoenix St Lukes) Revises to a more distal limb and repairs the pouch. Dr. Terry Simpson - Can put a lapband on the Rny pouch. Dr. Villares - puts the lapband on the Rny pouch. Schlerotherapy does not have good statistics for success. I did oodles of research on it last year and was going to have it done myself. Dr. Joyce Richards was one of the only ones in the Western U.S. that does it and so I went to her. She had not had good results and actually talked me out of even spending the money on it to try. Weigh****chers is a healthy/great option! I may join it myself one of these days! Joyce
Caroline69
on 4/28/07 1:03 am - Tucson, AZ
Morning Joyce Thank you, well im off to Weigh****chers talk you soon....
Most Active