Great News to Share

Desertflower
on 4/26/07 1:54 pm - Mesa, AZ
Hello Everyone, I wanted to let you know that I got a call from Noreen today, from Dr. Blackstone's office. I had been put on the cancellation list some time ago, and I guess they were able to move my surgery date up from November 9, to July 19th! I have alot to do in the meantime, and I surely do appreciate all of your support. I am excited and nervous now...but hopeful. My pre-op visit will be in June...wish me luck!!! (smile) Robin
Nicole W.
on 4/26/07 4:03 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
Congrats Robin! All good things to come in July! A friend of mine is scheduled 7/15. ~Nicole
Desertflower
on 4/26/07 5:02 pm - Mesa, AZ
Thanks, Nicole. Last week I was so depressed. I am glad that you wrote to me then and suggested that I wait for Dr. Blackstone. I know that she is terrific and her staff is too...I just felt like 8 months...on top of the 18 months I already had in...was soooooo long. Noreen was very kind and helpful, too. I started to cry today when she called to give me the new dates...but I told her they were "happy" tears. I really appreciate you taking the time to write. Did you have a pre-op diet you had to follow? When did you start it? I feel like I will be having a new birthday in July...a new life awaits!!! Take care & be well. Robin
alligatorpgr
on 4/27/07 4:31 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Robin, that is great news!!! I know it can be really hard waiting sometimes, and when you haven't even met Dr Blackstone, its hard to figure out why you should wait anyways, but she is worth the wait!! I was approved in November and had my first surgery date scheduled for March. 4 months seemed like a really long time to wait, and it was even worse when I became really ill with my asthma in February, and my surgery had to be rescheduled for May. I was soooo disappointed, but after meeting with Dr B, this past week, I know that I made the right decision to stick with her. She is AMAZING, and I can't wait until May 9th!!! I wish you all the best of luck, and make sure to stay on top of all your pre-surgery tests and appointments. I kept copies of everything that I had done, and it came in handy when my file wasn't complete. You will not regret staying with Dr B..... Best wishes Alli
Desertflower
on 5/1/07 3:54 pm - Mesa, AZ
Your new birthday is coming closer and closer...you must be getting so excited. I wish you the best. I can't wait to meet Dr. Blackstone myself. She sounds like such a compasionate person. Robin
Most Active