Another setback...

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/07 10:33 am - avondale, AZ
Hey everyone, I just got out of the hospital again today... I traveled to Indiana for work this week and I had not been feeling well. Sever diareha and vomiting. I thought I had a stomach flu and could just work through it. By Tuesday it was so bad a co-worker took me to the ER. After a few hours and a cat scan they found out I had a gull stone in my gull bladder. The stone was the size of a golf ball. Luckily the surgeon on call here in Indiana was also the local bariatric surgeon. He said there is absouletly no way a stone would have gotten that big in just 2 months since my surgery. So why didn't Dr. B take it out. I'm really upset and think I probably should call her office and let them know. What do you think? I feel like I'm back in the begining again, the pain, the swelling....UGH does it ever end. HOpe everyone is doing well. Danielle-
Desertflower
on 4/26/07 1:22 pm - Mesa, AZ
Hi Danielle, I think you should let Dr. Blackstone know if you are having ANY problems. I know they have been very thorough with me and my tests. Did you have a liver and gall bladder ultra sound? Mine showed that I will need to have my gall bladder taken out as well. Its good to get those things taken care of while you are on the table, for sure. Hope you will be feeling better soon. Robin
Nicole W.
on 4/26/07 4:01 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
Any medical procedure you have after I think within 1 year of having bariatric surgery you should call Dr. Blackstone's office, so she can communicate with your current surgeon. Because I know Dr. Blackstone does extensive thorough checks with labs and so on to determine if your gall bladder needs to come out while she is doing the surgery... I question it myself and when she told me she did not need to take out my gall bladder when I had my surgery it all made sense to me. each person is different. I am sorry you have gall stones and have to have your gall bladder taken out. But definately call them in the morning and speak to the nurses... have them communicate with your doctor you are working with now since you are no longer in Arizona. From what I understand... gall bladder problems after gastric bypass surgery is pretty common. I have know 3 girls from my job that had their gall bladder removed within 2 years after surgery. I hope you feel better... I know how it feels to feel like crap and then being away from home! Get Well Soon! ~Nicole
pwrightt
on 4/26/07 11:28 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Hi Danielle: WOW, I thought everything was going really smooth for you. I too know of a couple of people who have had gall stone problems but its usually about a year or two out. Yes I would call her office and let them know what has happened. I hope this is the last of your problems. You went thur a lot to get this surgery. On the bright side it was great to hear from you. Keep us posted Pam
CK777
on 4/27/07 2:33 am - Avondale, AZ
Oh Danielle..................that sucks! I am sorry that you are going through this especially when being away from! I would call Dr. Blackstone like others have said she is so thorough I am surprised she would have missed something like this. Please keep us updated. By the way if you are ever back in the area let me know and we should hook up again. Cathy
(deactivated member)
on 4/30/07 5:32 am - AZ
Danielle, I am so sorry to hear about your gall stone issues. Dr B took mine out during my surgery. I already had a large gall stone. Call them definitly!!!! I am sure there is a reason why it wasn't removed ....Get better soon Erin
Most Active