My accomplishments!

MARY OTU
on 4/25/07 7:10 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Hello All, I have not posted for some time but still on the Board reading all of yours and keeping in touch with replies. Just wanted to say that I am only 10 lbs from the top of my goal weight and feeling great! I am in size 10-12 clothes. I can cross my legs and even wrap one around the back of the other ankle! WoW! My biggest accomplishment is that I am now a Certified Water Aerobics Instructor! I have a ton of energy and more strength than I know what to do with. I love teaching this class as much as I love participating in it. If anyone wants to come as my guest I teach at the Downtown YMCA. So, I just spoke with Joyce and made my consult appointment with Dr Gitt for PS. I am so excited about the prospect of looking down and actually seeing breasts again! Not to mention getting rid of the leftover tummy flap. I will keep you posted on this. I feel like I have a whole new life! Don't you? Hugs, Mary
HarleyGirl
on 4/25/07 9:38 am - Maricopa, AZ
You go girl! Know what you mean about the legs. Good luck with your visit with Dr. Gitt. I just had my panni & hernia repair on the 13th. Doing good & feel great. I actually got to meet Joyce. She is as pretty as her picture. You will like the office. I have been seeing a lot of PA Jerry during my aftercare and he is just as nice as can be. His wife has had WLS, so he has a great outlook and manner about himself as he takes care of you. He knows where we come from so to speak. Take Care Paula
JRinAZ
on 4/25/07 2:37 pm - Layton, UT
Paula! Big juicy kisses all over your face for bein so nice to me! (Run! ) You're such an itty bitty thing and I met you when you had the post plastic loose clothing on! Just wait til you're all mended and tight and tiny! See you soon sweetie pie! Joyce
jenncarson
on 4/25/07 12:11 pm - AZ
Mary- You are such an inspiration!!! I'm on the beginning of my journey and it inspires me so so much to hear your stories. My long-term goal is to do the 60 mile 3 Day Breast Cancer Avon Walk so you getting certified in Water Aerobics just makes me smile. Your sucess motivates us to keep on truckin'!!!!!!!!!! -Jenn
JRinAZ
on 4/25/07 2:34 pm - Layton, UT
Mary! Wow! Water aerobics instructor? Who'd of ever thunk it a few pounds earlier??? Very inspiring! .......(hanging head between legs in shame over my poor gym time this week!) See you soon! Joyce
Nicole W.
on 4/25/07 3:53 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
Hi Mary! I was hoping to see you at last support group. 10 more pounds is wonderful, you should be so proud of yourself and you are definately looking great! Your attitude is very inspiring! After I last saw you, I have been thinking alot abou****er aerobics and getting started. I hope to see you soon. ~Nicole
MARY OTU
on 4/26/07 1:06 am - PHOENIX, AZ
We are all on this journey together. It is so important to share our successes with each other. I have been inspired and supported through this site for several months. You are all just wonderful friends. Thanks! Mary
tanders6
on 4/26/07 3:22 am - AZ
Good job Mary. I know it is a personal decision, but when I see your story it makes me want to do rny. When I see others it makes me want the band. What made you decide on bypass?
MARY OTU
on 4/26/07 6:38 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Tim, I am glad to be an inspiration to you. My decision was based on a couple of factors the biggest being my diabetes. I could see the ravages of this progressive disease on my older sisters and did not want to have that as my future. RNY "cures" diabetes in over 80% of patients. Mine is now gone. I went from having to take insulin and oral meds to none at all. Lap Band does not have this same cure effect. The other reason was that, after years of up and down in my weight and the long, tiresome time it took me to loose any at all, I wanted a rapid loss. I NEEDED it to happen FAST. I also figured if they are going to cut me open and go inside they may as well fix me so that I would not have as much opportunity to figure out a way around the band. I just feel that overall the RNY was the best choice for me. I know that you will make a decision for yourself soon. Go to the information sessions at a couple of hospitals and ask a lot of questions. Take care, Mary
Most Active