I am so mad at myself

hope H.
on 4/23/07 7:49 am - mesa, AZ
I am so mad at myself!!!!! On my calender of things to do I had my preop tesing tomorrow, In my head I knew the date was the 23 rd today, but I was thinking it was tuesday, needless to say I missed it today and the person *****schedules the preop testing is not in till tomorrow. I have called the md office and they said if I have a problem rescheduling they would try to talk to the preop testing people but otherwise I would have to rescedule my surgery. My date is May 7th, I have gotten all the paperwork done for Family leave, my mother was planning to be down here during the surgery ( she has airplane tickets) and my husband has taken his days off already rom work. I am so upset, I hope the preop testing will accomodate me, we have till nex wednesday to get all the testing done. Anyway will keep u updated as soon as I know anything. Hope
jenncarson
on 4/23/07 12:55 pm - AZ
The pre-surgical period is like an obstacle course. It can get so frustrating. Please, hang in there! -Jenn
dfavre
on 4/23/07 1:09 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Don't stress. I did the same thing. In fact, during the breaks at the Pre-op education class, I was running down to the lab to get my bloodwork done! I would imagine that the doc's office would anticipate things like this happening, so hang in there. Keep us posted as to how everything turns out. DAwn
hope H.
on 4/23/07 3:14 pm - mesa, AZ
I am going to call first thing in the morning to see if I can get in as soon as possible. I will stay nothing by mouth after midnight just in case I can do some of it tomorrow. If not, I will wait but hopegully not for long. I will let you guys know what is happening. And Thanks for your support!!!!!!!!!I really need it now. Hope
alligatorpgr
on 4/25/07 9:44 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Hi Hope, just checking in to see if you were able to re-schedule to pre-op appt....Let us know how everything is going....Best wishes Alli
hope H.
on 4/26/07 6:20 am - mesa, AZ
On Nonday I called the pre admission testing and the woman said that the girl who did the scheduling was not in till tuesday. On Tuesday I called promptly at 730 am and the same woman answers and says to call back, SOoooo I called back 8 and 830 am to et the same answer. At 9am I called my Md and told them the situation and then called preadmission again. I was told there were no openings but after pleading because I have family flying down here, fmla leave has been approved and my husband has the time off from work. She said she could fit me in on Monday at 9 am. I am so appreciative of her being able to work me in. HOPE
Desertflower
on 4/26/07 2:02 pm - Mesa, AZ
Sounds like everything is going according to plan. It is hard to stay focused sometimes, especially with all of the dates and tests etc. I am glad you got re-scheduled. Let me know how you are doing. Robin
alligatorpgr
on 4/27/07 4:38 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Good for you Hope, sometimes persistence pays off !!! I'm glad that you've got everything rescheduled and wish you the best of luck on your surgery and recovery. Save ya a seat on the loser's bench !!! Alli
Most Active