Could it be my protein?

E. Parnell
on 4/22/07 1:15 am - Safford, AZ
I have a protein drink in the morning before breakfast- "Champion Nutrition Pure Whey protein stack" it has 23-26g protein, only 3 carbs, but has 130 calories (is that too much you think). My doc didn't say anything to me & they have it displayed in their office. I also have a high protein bar (1/2 of one) in the afternoon. It is from costco "premier nutrition protein". They have 30 grams of protein in one bar, but wow, calories are 280-290. Dang, I never noticed that one... it was recommended from my dad & bro who had the surgery previously. Maybe the calories are too high?
JRinAZ
on 4/22/07 6:15 am - Layton, UT
Hey Erica! No worries! You are right on track for YOU!!! Everyone loses differently. Different genders, different ages, different health issues, different levels of post-op exercise, etc. Champion Stack is a great protein drink. It's deifnitely NOT the reason you're plateauing though. In fact, if you were to add one or 2 more of them a day then you'd probably kick your body back into ketosis and drop some. You can find proteins that are less calories for the same protein grams though. It's kind of like 3 oz of grilled steak is not equal in calories to 3 oz of grilled fish. I like the New Whey tubes that are 100 calories for 25 calories. Nectars are just 90 calories for 23 grams and one of my favorities is the Matrix Blend which is 120 calories for 23 grams. They're all in the same ballpark. Plateau Buster Plan: Increase: Protein, Water, Exercise & Sleep (if possible) and journaling of food! Decrease: Snacking/Grazing, Carbs, cheese, cottage cheese, salt and nuts As for tightening yourself up for a pool in 2 weeks! TIGHT one piece swim suit! .....If you did a thousand crunches a day from now til then; you probably wouldn't make the kind of difference that you are hoping for. Be proud of what you've done and remember where you've come from. Set your goals in baby steps and stay focused! You CAN do it! Huggggzzzz and "kiss" Joyce
E. Parnell
on 4/22/07 8:08 am - Safford, AZ
Thanks Joyce! I really appreciate the helpful information. I do enjoy sunflower seeds too, which I also minimize... but maybe if I just stop all & any kind of nut then that could help. I do lack sleep too, I'm a working mother that doesn't go to bed early enough & then I have to get up to get my girls ready for school & myself to work. I have been STRESSED this past couple of weeks too. I will definately take your advice. I adore you!!
Arizona_Sun
on 4/23/07 12:27 am - Gilbert, AZ
Protein bars can end up causing weight gain if they are not calculated in properly. So, be careful with that. I do 3-30 gram whey shakes a day (167 calories each the way I am mixing two powders). I have to do the whey shakes or my albumin, prealbumin and protein numbers go too low. So, how much protein via the shakes depends on how well your protein numbers hold steady. Some people keep their levels up fine on less shakes, some do not. Sandy
Most Active