Discouraged

E. Parnell
on 4/22/07 1:05 am - Safford, AZ
I need to know if it is normal to lose weight at different rates. I will be 4 months post op on May 3rd (had surgery on Jan 3) and am down 60 lbs. I have only been losing 2 lbs/wk for the past 2 months and only lost 1 lb this week. I haven't been walking as much as would like too, but I do walk a lot during work (at a school) etc. I park as far as I can to get some exercise & then walk around wal-mart (only store where I live) at least 2 extra times on purpose so that I can get some excercise. I just haven't had a lot of time. I have also found that I can eat pretty much anything that I want (just small portions) and I still stop when I am full etc. I do try to watch carbs & eat more protein (my favorite is chicken). I know that all surgeons are different. Mine says' that I'm doing great (that was at 3mo check when I was down 50lbs). Can anyone tell me if what I'm going through is normal, or is something wrong? I am at a stump, or as some may say "plateau"... what can I do to get over this & continue to be happy and lose weight? Oh- I also have to go to Sunsplash on May 14th with the school and am searching for the right suit- YUCK- my legs are disgusting & my gutt is so saggy. Any suggestions on how to firm up fast, besides sit-ups, crunches & push-ups?
HarleyGirl
on 4/22/07 3:05 am - Maricopa, AZ
You are doing great girl! I was a Dr. Newhoff pt(used to be Simon's partner) The average they look for is approx 10lbs per month the first 6 mos. Then it tends to slow down. Don't get discouraged keep up the good work. Don't focus on the scale (easy to say) stay focused on how healthy you are getting by making good food choices and using your "tool" to the best advantage possible. As long as you do that the lbs have no choice but to fall off & disappear forever during the Honeymoon stage the lbs come off quickly, then it starts to slow. And that's ok as long as you stay on track you will be fine! Take care, God Bless you on this journey. Paula Open RNY 4/1/4 330/200/TT on 4/13 doing great
Desertflower
on 4/26/07 1:43 pm - Mesa, AZ
Hi Erica, Sounds like you are doing great! Not sure how much more you want to lose, but a plateau could be possible. Maybe its time to start an exersize program at a gym where you feel comfortable. Like Naturally Women etc.? You could do water aerobics that are not too stressful and work with a personal trainer. Pilates is mostly floor movements, but very effective. I bought an AbLounger at Target and it is really fun, not tiring and really works the Abs without the "burn" and pain the next day. My husband loves it and I am starting to see his 6-pack again...WOW. Keep up the good work and try not to get discouraged. You are doing great!!! Robin
Most Active