Blackstone patients - Whatcha been eating?

(deactivated member)
on 4/23/07 5:41 am - AZ
Eggs have not been my favorite for a long time. I love having salad again!!! eat it with protien only...After my stricture fix again, I am able to eat salads. I also enjoy dried fruit. Doesn't make me dump. I was told that a stricture can come back again, even after fixing it twice!!! ARRRGGG..I still have to watch what I eat, I threw up on shrimp this weekend, too rubbery!! Did have a good crepe at the Bellagio in Vegas, it had turkey and spinich in it.. Erin
AZdove
on 4/26/07 5:09 am - Tolleson, AZ
I haven't posted in a while because of my recent reign of depression but I just could not go without letting you know that the thought of an egg right now at 11 weeks out is totally revolting! I could barely stomach them at the one week class...and prior to surgery I loved eggs...done anyway, poached, fried, boiled, scrambled...but after surgery the little taste buds in my mouth stand up and scream if I so much as try and eat an egg. Breakfast can be such a trick. I find that if I am going to have a protein shake each day I select breakfast as the meal to do it for....but if I am running late then a yogurt and a turkey hot dog popped in the microwave for 30 seconds on a paper towel are my companions on the way to work each morning! I have grown to love the turkey dogs (thanks Nicole!). I have still not felt one hunger pain since having surgery. I am down almost 44 pounds at 11 weeks out and realize that is slower than most but it has been constant. Since joining the gym I have experienced a revival of energy and spirit. Also for lunches at work I take about a 1/4 can of pinto beans and half of a turkey dog with some jalapeno juice (not sure if that is allowed!) and mix it all together in a bowl. It is dynamic! Dinner is mostly chicken in some form or pinto beans. I have found that the South Beach frozen entrees have a huge amount of protein with minimum carbs. Most of the time I can only eat the meat portion of the entree, the turkey is really yummy and a change from chicken.
Most Active