Blackstone patients - Whatcha been eating?

nicoleaz
on 4/20/07 8:11 am - Phoenix, AZ
Breakfast is a real challenge for me. I'm getting sick of eggs! Lunch and dinner are a little easier, but I could use some ideas for those meals too! I'm only 6 weeks out, but open for all suggestions for future recipes as well. Nicole
JEAN-NA
on 4/20/07 8:26 am
Nicole Try yogurt , cottage cheese, a piece of turkey deli meat , - they all sat pretty good with me , Lunch I lived on Shrimp and Tuna salad. and deli meats . I also was brave and tried chicken wings no sauce - stayed down ok when reg chicken would not !
dfavre
on 4/20/07 12:33 pm - Maricopa, AZ
I was kind of wondering about that too. I have had egg salad, mini-omlettes w/ cheese and turkey bacon, hard boiled, poached, etc. I used to adore eggs.... Now, I just settle for a protien drink and a yogurt. Anyway, I am only 2 1/2 weeks out, so I have a ways to go. don't you get more food added to your menu at 6 weeks? DAwn
nicoleaz
on 4/20/07 1:01 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hey Dawn, Depending on your doctor, sure. My aftercare program added some cooked veggies and fruit at 1 month. The kicker is, I'm supposed to eat 2 bites of protein per 1 bite of cooked veggies or fruit! So...protein first rule still applies Maybe my taste buds have changed, but eating tuna salad and egg salad alone (meaning no bread or crackers, etc.) tastes different than I remember it tasting in a sandwich, for example. I have yet to try egg salad - is this true for you as well? Nicole
dfavre
on 4/21/07 12:35 am - Maricopa, AZ
I haven't noticed a big change in taste buds yet. However, that may be due to the fact that I was literally inhaling food instead of actually tasting it before! Yes, I also crave having bread or crackers with it (especially bagels....ooooh I love bagels!). But alas, we must allow Dr. B to guide us to greatness right? Oh, I just changed protien sorces, cuz since I went to solid foods (almost 2 weeks now), I haven't lost one pound. So, I bought those profect samples. I have to tell you, the fuzzy navel one is pretty good! I was drinking the Isopure shakes, but Joyce said that the calories on that was way too high. Doc, I had shrimp last night. It killed me not being able to have coctail sauce w/ it though...
Nicole W.
on 4/21/07 6:46 pm - Cave Creek, AZ
It's actually 3:1 ratio for protein to veggies.. unless they changed it since my 1 month appointment. I tried different kind of eggs... over easy, egg salad, etc. I started eating turkey for breakfast... or a yogurt and a banana. Yogurt was a huge staple for me at first. around 8 weeks, I brought in bran muffins and wheat bread here and there... Cassie said it was okay if I was able to handle it. I was the same with Tuna... first few weeks it was okay, after that can't touch the stuff anymore. Except, I do love other kinds of fish now. Snow Crab Legs have been my favorite since I was about 10 weeks post op... as well as salmon. Can't get enough of fish, good amount of protein and good for the heart! 4 months is right around the corner!
nicoleaz
on 4/22/07 10:03 am - Phoenix, AZ
That's right, it's still 3:1. Whoops! ;)
johnb_az
on 4/20/07 4:08 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I don't want to see another egg EVER... I am still eating a lot of shrimp. Most of my breakfasts are cottage cheese with strawberry yogurt. If it is a gym day I do a smoothie instead. I have been missing lunch as I am tired of the same stuff and not usually hungery. Dinner is always a challange to change things up. I have been "cheating" and trying things not on the list. I seem to tolerate Chilli. Some days I just don't want to eat, but have to get my proetin in. Doc
JEAN-NA
on 4/21/07 3:21 am
Wendy's Chili Is the BOMB !! had it early on and it statified my hunger and cravings - good protein source !
nicoleaz
on 4/21/07 6:17 pm - Phoenix, AZ
You're gutsier than I am! I haven't cheated yet, but lord what I wouldn't do for a regular sandwich. or a salad. or ketchup. or a burger! oh geez...
Most Active