What are your thoughts on Plastic Surgery ...

cj29
on 4/18/07 3:19 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I am 8 months Post-Op and I have lost -115lbs from a size 22/24 to now a size 10. I have 15lbs to my personal goal of 145 and goal of size 8. I have been stalled in the 160's for the last three months now. I went to see a local plastic surgeon who has 50% of his pratice as WLS patients. He said even though I am only 8months PO, I qualify for surgery since I am within my goal weight range and my panis will take the additional 15lbs of excess skin and I should end up in size 6. OMG! I am not working right now and have the money... In addition, my WLS Dr recommends me be 12-18 months PO, the good news it takes approx. 3 months from scheduling the PS, so I will be around 11-12 months PO WLS. What are your thoughts and please be gentle... Carrie
JRinAZ
on 4/18/07 3:40 pm - Layton, UT
You are delightful! You are already gorgeous so post "body contouring" you're going to be incredible! Good luck with your decision process! It's definitely a big step but YOU deserve a completion to your dream! If you're at goal and stable then you've met the standard criteria! Huggggzzz, Joyce
cj29
on 4/18/07 5:10 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Joyce -- You always are so wonderful and positive! I really appreicate your words of encouragement. I am just worried it may be too soon even though I am in my target weight loss range. Worried about complications, the money, PAIN and time to heal. The same concerns as when I first started my WLS journey 8+ months ago. Do you know anyone who has had PS and if any regrets? I am thinking of going with Dr Steven Gitts here in PHX. I will keep everyone posted... Any other suggestions? Thanks for being such a support to me! Carrie
Desertflower
on 4/19/07 2:29 pm - Mesa, AZ
Hi Carrie, You have worked so hard to get here...you deserve to have your body look and feel the way that you want it to. Your clothes will fit you better and you'll be happier. When I get to my goal...i want to get a "full body lift"...where they just pull up my skin tight from the ankles and snip it off at the top of my head! That way I'll get a face lift too... (smile) Good luck! Robin
cj29
on 4/23/07 4:33 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Robin-- Congrats on your success and thank you for the kind words. I feel like a skinny person trpped with all this skin around me. I just got another job offer and do not know what I will do... I will keep thinking about PS and keep you posted. Pls keep in touch and best of luck on your continued success! Carrie
HarleyGirl
on 4/19/07 2:50 am - Maricopa, AZ
Congratulations on your sucess. I gave alot of thought into PS before deciding to go ahead. I had Panni & Hernia repair 4/13, 9lbs removed. I highly recommend Dr. Gitt. He and his staff are really nice. He has a heart for WLS pt's. I was blessed that my ins approved the surgery after Dr. going to bat on my behalf. That's what makes him different in my eyes. I think alot of people including myself have misconceptions regarding PS. There are regular people like us that have gone through a major life changing event and would like to do the finishing touch so to speak. I've had a BR also. Then there are what I will call "other people" who for whatever reason although a normal size, still want to nip & tuck. Their feelings are no different than ours although we look at each other differently. Does that make sense? Dr. Gitt has a heart for all of that. Having never done anything like this before I will say that when I first went to his office I thought Oh my all of these people are "pretty, perky & pouty!" not my kind of place, I'm a 54 yr old grandma plain old country girl. But as soon as you are greeted and meet the staff all that goes away. Good luck to you & God Bless. If you see Dr Gitt tell him you heard about him on OH! Paula
cj29
on 4/23/07 4:36 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Paula-- I liked Dr Gitts confidence and his aggresiveness for me to have the best results. His prices are GREAT as well! I am getting a 2nd opinion with Dr. Mazaheri in Scottsdale. I heard he is also an excellent sugeon, however, his prices are much higher then Dr Gitts. We will see.... I will keep you all posted and pls keep in touch, ok? Carrie
(deactivated member)
on 4/23/07 5:46 am - AZ
Carrie I am planning on doing a tummy tuck, boob lift and implants, and possible arm lift...I say if it will make you feel better do it!!! I am going to do it in about a year from now. Good luck Erin
cj29
on 4/23/07 4:38 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hey Erin -- I really apreicate your words of encouragement. I am seeing a 2nd PS for his opinions and am still in the thinking phase. I just got a new job offer and do not know what to do... I'll keep you all posted and pls keep in touch as well! Carrie
MARY OTU
on 4/25/07 6:34 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Carrie, I am in the same place you are. Just a few pounds to goal range. I am feeling very good about how I look with clothes on...... Your going ahead has encouraged me to call for a consult with Dr Gitt too. I am going to call as soon as I finish this post. Just curious as to what proccedures you are considering and the costs if you do not mind sharing. Thanks, Mary
Most Active