Did I miss Something - Easy Way Out???

Candi Y.
on 4/17/07 2:15 pm - Cottonwood, AZ
OK, Who saying we've taken the easy way out?????? Bring it on.... I am a newbie BANDER and this is NOWAY the easy way out, this is a daily chore of calorie counting and watching what I eat. I am dealing with many family members and people who feel I have taken the easy way out and what I say to them (most of them skinny) WEAR MY SHOES FOR A WHILE and see what life is like as an obese women in this world fixated on starved women, its not easy!! This has been a battle all my life and I finally made a decision to do something that would HELP ME HELP MYSELF!! SO whoever states we've taken the easy way out most likely has never been obese! OK, I feel better now.........
Ewa C.
on 4/17/07 5:09 pm - Chandler, AZ
Candi, I so agree with you!!! I have also had some similar comments by slim co-workers. They really do NOT understand. I also agree that this is not an easy way out, it is a lot of work to make sure you're successful. All the band does is help us a little by allowing us to eat less & not feel hungry with less food eaten. There is still a LOT of energy and work needed to make sure that one is successful in losing weight with the lap band. I know that is something I can currently struggling a bit with, but I plan to perservere & manage it & be successful. This is NOT an overnight solution. Ewa
Darlene X
on 4/18/07 5:56 am - Maricopa, AZ
In all honesty, the "Easy Way Out" comment has never bothered me. This has been by far the easiest way Ive ever lost weight...
Linda S.
on 4/18/07 6:42 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Darlene, you look great!
desert rat
on 4/22/07 1:54 pm - Goodyear, AZ
If you chose to have surgery as the last resort then you can respond as I do: it wasn't the EASY way out, it was the ONLY way out! I actually had someone tell a friend of mine that my weight loss didn't "count." I asked my friend if that meant I was still FAT??? Truthfully though, just ignore them. People are people, some will support you 100%, some will support you less and others won't support you at all. There isn't a darn thing you can do to change their minds and you shouldn't worry one way or the other. I get my support from a group of people who know what I'm going through and I stay away from the rest. That's the best I can do, and it works for me. Best of luck and stay positive! Dj 316/136/I'm done
Most Active