Panni weighed more than babies!

HarleyGirl
on 4/16/07 12:45 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Had my panni & hernia repair on Friday all went well total skin removal was 9 lbs! All my children I gave birth to weighed around 7lbs! I cannot say enough for Dr Gitt in AZ and his staff. He is polite, caring and has a heart for WLS patients. He managed to get past my insurance company and get approval, that in itself to me was a minor miracle When I first entered his office I thought oh great everyone in here is pretty, perky & pouty, this is not my kind of office. Boy was I wrong, each and everyone has been gracious and caring male & female staff alike. I got there at 11:30 and surg started at 12:30 in recovery at 3:15 home by 7pm. The ride home almost took longer than the surgery, in 5 o'clock traffic on a Friday night Because of the hernia repair up so high he actually did a little bit of tightening, and did some lipo "down under" This may be TMI but the first time I went to the bathroom was weird because of not having to get past "the hang" to pat dry! Today I'm on tylenol only. The most uncomfortable thing was the binder, I am long waisted and their binders are short. Thankfully I saved the binder from my RNY it is wider and is much more comfortable. I am thankful to my wonderful daughter who has spent time with me this weekend and spoiled me & her Dad! He is very loving but a "guy" every time I would move it was "are you ok" "where are you going" I have finally convinced him that I still have to pee and he will be the first to know if I'm not ok and there's not too many places to go in our house! Sorry this is so long but I wanted to share and encourage all who are about to undergo the next phase of your journey. God Bless all of you. Paula PS Joyce I missed you again! I will be in the office 11:00 Friday.
JRinAZ
on 4/16/07 1:51 pm - Layton, UT
Dang Paula! I totally meant to pop in on your before your surgery but started hauling stuff out to the stadium for the Women's Expo!!!! I'll be out again on Friday when you come in but I promise I'll catch up with you at one of your other post-op visits! If you feel up to having breakfast on Saturday then give me a call at the office! I'm going to be taking out some of the Post Bariatric Body Contour folks at Mimi's at 9. You most likely need to wait for the next round though I suspect! Take care of yourself! And....thanks for the nice remarks about the office bunch. I'll be sure and pass it on! Healing Hugggzzz your way! Joyce
Most Active