Pain in Tailbone

Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 4/15/07 11:19 pm - Tucson, AZ
I'm sure others have experienced this, but I have to bring it up. Since I have lost weight I have this pain in my tailbone when I sit. Other than sitting on a pillow or innertube what else can I do to help with this issue?
JEAN-NA
on 4/16/07 1:50 am
Becky I so know what your going through and can not wait to hear words of advice from others on this one, I shift my weight when I sit all the time. I am calling it BONEY BUTT SYNDROME ! I did see in a little catalog a special seat cushion . I was thinking of ordering one for work , My desk chair is horrible . I am also thinking when it comes time for plastics to have the Dr add some fat to the cheeks ..
JRinAZ
on 4/16/07 1:33 pm - Layton, UT
Jeanna, I MISSED you at the Women's Expo! Bummer! I must have just slipped away when you came by! Anyway, as for the bony bummer.........Walgreens has an inflatable donut for $6.00 that I sit on while going through traffic to work. And then......when it's that magic time for you....Dr. Gitt can take the excess thigh/butt skin and roll it under with a cool procedure that gives that natural little poofy soft butt that fills out a nice tight pair of jeans and feels great to sit on! It won't be long! Joyce
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 4/17/07 12:18 am - Tucson, AZ
Thanks Joyce. I am going to check out Walgreens. I am in pain... Becky
Arizona_Sun
on 4/16/07 8:37 am - Gilbert, AZ
I had to give away my recumbent bike because the seat caused tailbone pain and buy a different one with a seat that did not. It is truly a pain in the *** and I don't think it gets any better since I am over three years out. There are special portable cushions that help ease the pressure. We just did not realize how much butt comfort we were getting. Sandy
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 4/16/07 10:04 am - Tucson, AZ
Sandy Do you know where one could buy this special pillow??? I sit at a desk most of the day and could use it at home and while travelling as well.
Arizona_Sun
on 4/16/07 10:14 am - Gilbert, AZ
The one that I have is called "The Original Relaxo Bak" comfort cushion and it has an 800 number on it (1-800-527-5496). I originally purchased mine from QVC.com and their item number is: F27884 Relaxo-Bak Deluxe Orthopedic Cushion Comfort Seat and the price is $19.25 plus S&H. If you don't like the product you have 30 days to return to QVC. I have used them for years for clothes, etc. If you visit their site just do a search for that item number and it should come right up. Sandy
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 4/16/07 10:32 am - Tucson, AZ
Cool Sandy...I buy on QVC all the time; clothes, jewelry, kitchen stuff, printer, camera... not much I haven't bought.
EmbodySuccess
on 4/16/07 2:31 pm - Roswell, GA
Just got back from the OH conf. in Irvine (LA) and thought I'd add my $0.02 Whan I first began having pain in my lower back and felt a hard lump "down there," I could not imagine what it was. When it didn't shrink & disappear, I went to my primary care physician to find out if I had some kind of tumor or cyst growing at the end of my spine. He asked me to place my hand on the spot in question, felt it for himself and, suppressing a smile, patiently informed me that it was neither; but, in fact, my cocyx! "My tailbone? You're joking! It's never hurt before!" "It was well-cushioned, 'Before.'" He suggested I go to The Back Store and pick up a "Tush Cush" and I did. 2 in fact. However, since then I've discovered that if I sit on my "root chakra" I am pain free. I think that's because we are designed to sit that way; but, instead, we sit back on our tailbones, putting too much pressure on our lower backs. So where's the root chakra, for sitting purposes? Imagine there's an imaginary hammock slung between your cocyx and the front of your pelvic bone; then, practice sitting smack dab in the middle of your hammock. If you do, you'll find your cocyx tilts away from the chair - and your spine naturally assumes a relaxed and elongated posture. Try it, you'll like it! Oh, and, yes, I still use my Tush Cush - on thin-cushioned & hard-surfaced chairs. Hope this helps... Lauralyn
Rebecca (Becky) A.
on 4/17/07 12:14 am - Tucson, AZ
Lauralyn Thanks so much for your response. I will definitely be getting a cushion since I sit most of the day at work. My thought is that this is a way of making us get up off our butts and walk around. Becky
Most Active